ClassDojo’s goal is to accelerate humanity’s progress, by giving every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries, all built by a team of 65 people ). We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with deep backgrounds in education and large scale consumer internet, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you’ll do:
As founding designer for ClassDojo Clubs, a 0->1 product within ClassDojo, you’ll be inventing experiences and scaling ClassDojo Clubs into the best and most loved live learning marketplace for millions of elementary kids. You’ll be hands-on in every aspect of product development, from setting vision and strategy to creating a delightful end to end experience for kids, families, creators, and guides.
You’ll ensure we learn fast through exploring and testing rapid prototypes, and then building them out into innovative, scalable designs that people love and that are cohesive and complementary to other parts of ClassDojo.
You might be a good fit if:
- You are entrepreneurial: You have 5+ years experience designing for users at early stage, high growth consumer companies/products. You are comfortable with bootstrapping growth and excited to join at a true 0->1 phase
- You are a master of consumer discovery – you deeply understand and obsess over our users’ needs and know how to rapidly research, discover, prototype and deliver high quality consumer products with a cross-functional team.
- You’re a strategic problem solver and executor. You are a generalist designer who can think strategically and then can also roll up your sleeves and bring that strategy to life. .
- You have deep design knowledge. You have strong particularly strong spikes in information architecture and UX design skills, know common paradigms (on mobile, web, etc), and have nuanced views on how to make many of them even better. You’ve been part of shipping amazing experiences and can tell what will land with users.
- You have a track record of success in building delightful consumer experiences from the ground up. You value craftsmanship and have high standards for your work. You can ship simple, elegant products and work to continually deepen product-market fit with our users.
- You are an excellent communicator. You can clearly articulate your thinking, through your designs, verbally and in writing. You proactively share your work and bring others along with you. You clarify the ambiguous and can collaborate well cross-functionally and with leadership
- You are able to prioritize efforts that will have the greatest impact for the company, delivering both breadth and depth across marketing efforts
 Some more context:
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We are a distributed company, so we hire regardless of location, as long as you are willing to have significant hours overlap with one of the Americas time zones.