Are you naturally curious? Do you find you can carry a conversation with just about anybody? Do you thrive on helping others achieve success and solve problems? Can you be the one to give tough advice and have difficult conversations? For you, sales isn’t about persuading somebody to do something, but more about guiding and educating a buyer so they can make the decision that’s best for them. You can find all of this and more with Thinkific!
As the Account Executive, you’ll work directly with our VP of Sales and Sales Manager to build and optimize the inbound sales process at Thinkific while selling along the way. Thinkific has built its customer base on the back of an incredible product and best-in-class support. Our marketing team has built an enviable lead generation engine—now it’s time to optimize our sales process and begin outreach to mid-market customers. If you’ve been successful in B2B Sales and are ready to join a growing sales team, Thinkific is a place you can not only help clients generate revenue, but develop into a leader. Your mission will be to achieve your quotas and manage sales leads from the initial call through to closing the deal while helping to develop efficient processes and procedures to make our sales team successful.
In this role, you will:
- Maintain Thinkific’s reputation as the best customer support in the business
- Position the value of Thinkific’s software and the e-learning as a revenue generator to mid-sized businesses
- Work with clients and prospects to understand their business goals and help them find the right Thinkific plan for their business
- Close deals with new and existing customers at or above quota level
- Manage and meet sales KPIs
- Work with the Sales Manager to optimize sales strategy and grow the Thinkific Sales function
- Accurately record sales interactions and keep our CRM up to date
- Manage a pipeline of inbound and self-sourced leads to identify, engage, and develop relationships with potential buyers
- Educate and guide prospects through the buyer’s journey to help them learn how Thinkific can grow their business
- Bring your thinking, strategies, and ideas to advance our company’s values, unique culture, and vision for the future
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 3+ years SaaS experience in an Account Executive position (or a similar role)
- Be insatiably curious—you have the desire and commitment to do what it takes to be successful in sales
- Understand the sales process and how to adapt to different buyer processes
- Believe in customer-centric selling—helping customers make the best decision based on their individual needs
- Be a team player with a great attitude
- Have previous experience and have been successful with inbound sales—you know how to qualify and manage the sales process for opportunities >$10k ARR
- Be an independent problem solver and are data-driven
- Have strong communication skills both verbal and written—you LOVE talking on the phone!
- Be tech-savvy and can learn new things quickly
- Have a positive outlook and a strong ability to take responsibility for your successes (and failures)
- Be naturally entrepreneurial and aspire to grow into a leadership role
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely attended post-secondary education, continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role
- Have previously worked in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Previously worked in some type of customer success function
- Understand social selling and how you can leverage it in your role
- Are comfortable working with a CRM like Salesforce, Hubspot, NetSuite, etc.
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience in e-learning or employee engagement
- Have previously been part of a growing sales team
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!