60% of top research organizations trust Cayuse to help them modernize their research administration systems. Cayuse develops SaaS solutions that simplify the business of research administration, helping universities, and research organizations work smarter.
Cayuse empowers globally connected research that reimagines collaboration and drives societal progress. Our platform uniquely addresses the entire hierarchy of research challenges: minimizing risk, driving efficiency, optimizing planning, and enabling world-class, data-driven research management.
Over the past 2 decades, we’ve been on a journey to empower globally connected research. Cayuse has a strong backbone of customer- and employee- focused values that lead to a great working environment, and deliver on our mission: Empower organizations to conduct globally connected research and sponsored projects, advancing their impact on science, discovery, and society.
Job Title: Account Executive
Location: Portland, OR
Job Type: Full-time
The exciting world of scientific research is fueled by people with a passion for solving complex problems. Cayuse develops SaaS solutions that simplify the business of research administration, helping universities, and research organizations work smarter.
We’re looking for inspired, talented professionals to help us with our ambitious growth plans. Cayuse has a strong backbone of customer and employee focused values that lead to a great working environment. With a strong financial foundation and several new products under development, it’s an exciting time to become a key member of our growing team.
As an Account Executive for Cayuse, you’ll work with some of the world’s most prestigious research institutions. You will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. You must be comfortable making dozens of calls per day, working in support of account executives, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing sales. You’ll join an experienced Research Administration Sales Team that provides significant career development and growth opportunities while you are bring exciting, new cloud-based eRA solutions to market.
- Sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Understanding customer needs and requirements and tailoring your approach accordingly
- Team selling with the Account Executive and Solutions Consultant in your market
- Drive top-line sales revenue through selling solutions to current customers
- Develop a sustainable pipeline for year-over-year growth
- Build trust and credibility with Cayuse team members, customers and partners
- Work well within a team environment, leveraging management, pre-sales resources and company resources to drive new opportunities through closure
- Guide prospects through a methodical sales process to facilitate decisions
- Ensure customer success with Cayuse solutions
- Represent Cayuse at certain industry events
- Maintain Cayuse CRM with both accurate and timely information
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Proven inside sales experience
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Strong phone presence and experience dialing dozens of calls per day
- Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- 1+ years as a Business Development Representative
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 10%)
- Competitive Medical Benefits (PPO + HSA available)
- Vision, Dental, Short-Term Disability fully covered by Cayuse
- Paid Time Off + Holidays + Flexible Work Schedule
- Remote Work or Commuter Stipend
- Equal Paid Parental Leave
- 401k with Employer Matching
- $30 Wellness Reimbursement
- Remote Work Environment, Supporting the Ultimate Employee Experience
- Fun, innovative Portland Office with Industrious Spirit Offering Kombucha and Cold Brew
Cayuse does not sponsor applications for work visas.