As an Account Manager, you’ll play an integral part of Guru’s success partnering with our customers and internal stakeholders on our Product Specialist, Customer Success & Support teams to ensure clients can build for long term success. The primary areas of focus for this role will be to build and execute a scalable program directed at managing client renewals, expansions and commercial discussions for our SMB & MidMarket customers. The responsibilities of this role will include building a scalable program directed at managing client renewals, expansions and commercial discussions, and then executing on it.
What you’ll achieve:
- Build scalable commercial processes (renewals, expansions, billing) for our SMB & MM segments
- Own, drive, lead renewal & expansion discussions in collaboration with customer-facing teams
- Discover and identify upsell/cross-sell opportunities and reduce time to expansion
- Contribute to customer retention by identifying at-risk customers and develop plays to mitigate
- Assist with enhancing and improving systems and processes to increase efficiencies.
- Demonstrable success in thinking strategically and executing tactically
- Customer-centric: You are committed to providing a best in class customer experience
- Program builder: evaluate our customer base to understand opportunities for expansion
- Ability to collaborate across teams to build cohesive communication plans & processes internally
- Ability to handle multiple renewal, expansion, and adhoc billing conversations at once
- Superb organizational/follow up skills to efficiently interact with our hundreds of existing customers
- Effective presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal/phone and writing skills
- Start-up environment means comfortability with the unknown, little direction and ability to self-start.
- Be your passionate, genuine self
- 3-4 years of work experience as an Account Manager, relevant sales role, or customer success background with desire to get into sales
- Experience in cultivating customer relationships
- Experience in building & scaling multiple processes that span across teams
- Experience at a product-led organization is a plus
- Software experience in SaaS or Knowledge solution realm is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce & Chat tools (Intercom)
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous benefits package
- Professional Development & Wellness Allowance
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we’re searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.