Universal Tennis Overview:
Universal Tennis is on a mission to grow the sport of tennis by connecting players globally through level-based play, innovative events and a digital marketplace. We are both a technology and tennis event company. Our innovative tools and technology make tennis better for all players and providers, with our gold-standard UTR tennis rating system at the core, powering level-based play around the globe. We proudly operate the UTR Pro Tennis Tour with Federations and venues to support aspiring pro players and provide new pathways for competitive juniors. To learn more, visit www.universaltennis.com.
The Company is high-growth Silicon Valley based and backed by some of the leading investors in tennis, sports, technology and media, including Amazon; Tennis Channel / Sinclair; Ken Hao (Managing Partner, Silver Lake Partners); Larry Ellison (Co-founder and CTO of Oracle); TEAM8, the creator and principal owner of Laver Cup and sports company founded by Roger Federer, Tony Godsick, Ian McKinnon and Dirk Ziff; Novak Djokovic; Tennis Australia (operators of the Australian Open); and many others.
Universal Tennis is looking for a dynamic and results-oriented Account Manager. Based in Australia, the Account Manager will have the opportunity to sell new software licenses to tennis providers in Australia and New Zealand. In addition to selling, the Account Manager will be the go-to person for all things account management including onboarding new providers, ensuring providers have success running events on the Universal Tennis platform, and renewing provider software agreements. To thrive in this role, you will need to be able to close new business, manage accounts, quickly build relationships with a variety of different personality types, be solution-oriented, as well as tech-savvy, and an amazing communicator and negotiator. Expanded responsibility for broader APAC account management may be added to your responsibilities given time zone alignment but first priority will be growing tennis in Australia.
- Sell and upsell SaaS Universal Tennis software tools and technology to tennis clubs, tennis academies, and tennis event providers in Australia and New Zealand.
- Ensure all current and new accounts are well trained and managed to utilize our software to create more play and increase participation and revenue at their facility
- Develop, build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships working in-person and remotely as well as conduct live demons and sales pitches over video.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all provider account management matters in the Australia region, communicating consistently and effectively with a variety of different customer types
- Own the sales and account management funnel, including lead generation, segmentation, onboarding, renewals, and upselling
- Track provider rollout to members, registration and event performance and progress.
- Share best practices, and be a strong business partner and resource contributing to their overall success
- Exceed monthly sales, onboarding, event, and renewal KPIs
- Closely collaborate with Tennis Australia points of contact, your manager, internal team members and cross functionally too on new initiatives.
- 3-5 years of experience in technology Sales and Account Management, ideally SaaS
- Significant tennis background and passionate about the sport (either as a player, coach or preferably from the industriy/business with a broad network in clubs/academies)
- A fast learner, data focused, positive, accountable, and ambitious attitude – the numbers tell a story
- Experience managing accounts within an online Client Relationship Management (CRM – Salesforce) system
- A combination of passion to sell and grow while nurturing client relationships.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset with ability to own and complete tasks from ideation to execution to measurement
- Currently living in the Australia, ideally in Melbourne
- Australian native speaker