Here’s what we hope you’ll bring:
- Great communication! Including thoughtful listening skills, the ability to express complex ideas clearly and succinctly, and the ability to communicate well in writing.
- An adaptive, empathetic, collaborative, and positive mindset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred.
- 5-7 years relevant accounting experience, preferably in public accounting, and experience managing monthly close activities.
- Familiarity with government contracting accounting requirements and strong understanding of US GAAP.
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent time management, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks that adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- High proficiency with QuickBooks Online, Excel, and Google Sheets.
- Experience with Bill.com and Expensify a plus.
In this position you will:
- Own and manage the timely and accurate completion of the month end close process.
- Review monthly account reconciliations, journal entries, and financial statements for accuracy and compliance with GAAP.
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations, including cash forecasting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and expense reporting.
- Provide oversight of the payroll function with a fully distributed workforce in various US states.
- Manage outsourced accounting team and provide training and guidance.
- Participate in the annual audit and tax process by providing all documentation requested by our CPA firm, and answering questions.
- Drive process improvements and automation efforts to streamline accounting operations.
- Adapt to new tasks and responsibilities as the business expands.
- Assist the Controller in various ongoing and ad-hoc projects or initiatives (e.g., system implementation, management reporting on KPIs, and financial analysis).