About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, results-focused problem-solver and self-motivated individual to help us achieve our operational and financial goals. Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, this role will be supporting accounting close activities and accounting operations, as well as ensuring compliance with US GAAP. This person will have the desire to exceed expectations and have a flexible, can-do attitude that partners well cross-functionally.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Own and direct various month-end close tasks and maintain audit-ready documentation
- Provide accurate and timely preparation of the monthly account reconciliations, variance, and flux analysis
- Prepare journal entries (such as leases, accruals, reclassifications, allocations, and inter-company activity) ensuring sufficient supporting documentation is included
- Develop, enhance, and implement accounting policies and processes to accelerate the scale and improve the accuracy, effectiveness, and timeliness of the monthly close process
- Assist with special projects (ERP implementation, compliance reporting, etc.)
- Assist in the preparation for and coordination of external audits and tax compliance filings
What we value:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in accounting, with a strong comprehension of US GAAP, general ledger, and financial statements
- BS/BA in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to partner effectively across functions and levels throughout the company
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, coupled with big-picture strategic comprehension
- Ability to manage ambiguity, and multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Reliability, systematic approach, and ability to identify issues and drive timely and accurate resolution
- “Roll-up the sleeves” approach to accomplishing all necessary tasks
- CPA is a plus
- Experience with SaaS accounting is a plus
For New York City-based candidates, the salary range for this role is $102,000.00 to $138,000.00. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including skills, qualifications, and location.
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.