The Accountant Specialist, who will be part of the Accounting team will be responsible for monthly closing of different entities, review P&L and BS items, be responsible for bank and AP/AR reconciliations and support the audit process. Listed below are some of the main responsibilities:
- Be part of NetSuite implementation team and other accounting software
- Manage the annual audit process
- Reviews and interprets national and international accounting standards
- Prepares and presents monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for different Bitso entities
- Ensure all reporting are completed accurately and in a timely manner, including month end closing reporting
- Maintaining constant and strong communication with advisors and other team members to ensure the veracity of accounting and financial information and to prepare monthly information for closing
- AP/AR/Bank Reconciliation
Who you are:
- Degree in Accounting
- At least 8 years of experience in accounting & Taxes including 3 years in a seniority
- Experience in financial, technological companies or in a Big4
- Knowledge of IFRS and will be plus to know US GAAP
- Experience with NetSuite and/or another ERP system
- English language proficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills; competency in SQL and Macros is a plus
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Ability to work effectively in teams and with cross functional partners
- Agile sense of work
- Creative thinking and out of the box solutions for complicated processes
- Organized and proactive, takes initiative and prioritize tasks
- Reliable, trustworthy, high level of integrity with strong service orientation.
Bitso is Latin America’s leading cryptocurrency platform. Our goal is to evolve how we think about and use money. We believe that we should all have the opportunity to use our money whenever we want it, and how we want it, without boundaries or schedules. To achieve this, we provide individuals with fast, cheap, seamless and user-friendly financial services powered by blockchain technology.
Cryptocurrencies do not rely on intermediaries to give them legitimacy or value. Instead, they are valuable because of the peer-to-peer technology that powers them. We firmly believe in crypto and the use cases it has. It’s time for the world to upgrade to a fair, open, transparent, and global financial system for all. #makecryptouseful.
Visit us at https://bitso.com/
Bitso promotes an environment where people are treated fairly and with respect, free of discrimination, bullying, harassment, violence or threats.
- Purpose: You’ll be part of something bigger, working towards financial disruption and inclusion across Latin America.
- Culture: You’ll work in a thriving, friendly, and fun environment that promotes open discussions, jokes, learning, video games, and lots of fun.
- People: You’ll work with some of the most driven and intelligent people in the crypto space, engaging with a network of diverse talent from 25+ nationalities bound by our quest to #makecryptouseful.
- Salary: We pay competitively in the countries where we operate.
- Venue: Work from wherever you want, work asynchronously; this role is fully remote to give you maximum freedom.
- Unlimited Paid Time-Off: You choose your number of days off. Recharge batteries and enjoy who you are outside the office
- Employee Stock Option Plan: we want our team members to be owners of the company. Therefore, as we all together crave for the success of our business, you will be eligible to participate in our stock option plan!
- This role is expected to work remotely.
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.