Mitsubishi Electric Power Products (MEPPI) serves the North American power systems, rail transportation, and large visual display markets with electrical and electronic products, systems, and services.
MEPPI is looking for an Accounts Receivable Clerk to perform accounts receivable and clerical duties for the Corporate Finance group.
- Create and maintain customer files and folders.
- Prepare accounts receivable invoices.
- Perform on-line invoicing and credit card processing.
- Perform collection calls on past due accounts and send out customer statements.
- Research and resolve customer account disputes and billing discrepancies.
- Respond to external and internal inquiries in a timely manner.
- Process and apply company cash receipts in a timely manner.
- Perform account reconciliations and prepare audit work papers.
- Assist with the month-end close process including general ledger journal entries.
- Prepare, update and distribute reports.
- Perform routine clerical duties as assigned, including preparing reports, filing, typing, copying, faxing and assisting with special projects.
- Further the goals and positive, professional image of the Accounting Department by conducting business with outside contacts, auditors, and other MEPPI departments in a timely and cooperative manner.
- Know MEPPI’s Quality, Safety and Environmental policies. Be able to fully discuss the importance of these policies and how they impact workQualifications
- Associates Degree in Accounting or Business with a minimum 3 years of experience with accounts receivable, collection and credit experience, or equivalent education and experience.
- Intermediate interpersonal, communication and writing skills to communicate with employees and customers.
- Intermediate analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-past business environment.
- Advanced computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office products and MRP/ERP systems
MEPPI offers its employees competitive salaries, commensurate with qualifications and experience, as well as comprehensive benefits including:
- 401(k) Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Employer sponsored programs including Flexible Work Arrangement, Wellness, and Professional Women’s ERG, HOPE (community outreach)
- Onsite Fitness Center and Café
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Volunteer opportunities