RStudio’s mission is to create free and open-source software for data science, scientific research, and technical communication. We do this to enhance the production and consumption of knowledge by everyone, regardless of economic means, and to facilitate collaboration and reproducible research, both of which are critical to the integrity and efficacy of work in science, education, government, and industry. We are a different kind of software company, and we’re proud to build and sell products that help people understand and improve the world through data.
Founded in 2009, our team has grown steadily over the last several years with the release of new products and a widening base of both enterprise customers and open-source users. We are a remote-first organization of ~240 people, distributed across the United States, Canada, UK, Australia, and Europe, and we hope to expand by another 50-60% in the next year.
The Finance team provides high quality, timely, accurate, clear, and complete financial statements, analyses, and financial information in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles to meet the Company’s internal, external and regulatory financial reporting obligations.
We operate with high-integrity and provide our internal and external stakeholders with responsive, direct, and honest communication to help drive decision making processes across the company.
The Collection Specialist plays a key role in our growing team and is responsible for managing the Accounts Receivable collection function by initiating contact with delinquent customers to collect payments and settle accounts. This position will require extensive follow-up with delinquent accounts and document the progress in an accurate and timely manner.
The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate strong collections skills and be able to professionally collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, to successfully collect the Company’s outstanding accounts receivable.
- RStudio is a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and a Certified B Corporation®, which means that our open-source mission is codified into our charter, and that our corporate decisions balance the interests of the community, customers, employees, and shareholders.
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you, and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working with RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open-source software. We are profitable, growing fast, and we plan to be around decades from now.
- You have two to four years of relevant experience in an Accounts Receivable Collections role; preferably with a software company.
- You have demonstrated the ability to collect delinquent receivables in a positive and professional manner.
- You can meet tight deadlines with limited supervision.
- You are proactive and use critical thinking to solve complex problems and improve the collections process.
- You have strong collaboration skills to establish key partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- You possess excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with NetSuite, Salesforce, and Microsoft Office Excel is a plus.
WHAT YOU WILL HELP US WITH
Your responsibilities in this position will be to:
- Identify accounts with overdue payments and keeping records of the amount owed and the length of the delinquency.
- Locate debtors and contacting them via phone or email to address their overdue payments and determine the reason for the outstanding debt.
- Prepare collection metrics.
- Track and maintain progress on the Collection tracker which will identify the delay issue (e.g., missing PO, incorrect email address).
- Work with the sales team members to collect delinquent accounts and update critical information going forward to avoid future delayed collections.
- Review records for accuracy and handling disputes to make sure that account information is entered and maintained appropriately
WHAT WE OFFER
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
The benefits of working at RStudio include:
- 100% distributed team (or come in to one of our offices in Seattle or Boston) with minimal travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including:
- Medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered)
- 401k matching
- A home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- A profit-sharing system
- Flexible environment with a generous vacation policy