SailPoint is seeking an Senior Solution Engineer (pre-sales Solution Engineer) to support the US Northeast sales regions and Enterprise accounts. You will partner with our sales teams by applying your technical abilities and business acumen in support of SailPoint’s growth objectives.
Please do not disqualify yourself if you don’t tick all the boxes for the “ideal candidate”! The ideal candidate possesses: 1) technical pre-sales experience in complex enterprise environments; and 2) thorough understanding of Identity, Governance, User Administration, and Access Management. If you only have one of the above, we still want to meet you. Your most important attributes are attitude and aptitude. Successful crew members come from diverse experiences such as: technical pre-sales for similar enterprise software solutions including business process automation, HCM, ITSM, etc.; identity solution delivery (as a customer, system integrator, etc.), and so on.
Must-have attributes include exceptional communication skills, high EQ, expertise in discovering customer requirements, and the ability to articulate and demonstrate enterprise solutions aligned to business outcomes.
- Actively participate in the sales process and work closely with the direct and channel sales teams
- Discover and understand customer requirements and align our solutions to those requirements
- Present SailPoint business functions, value, and competitive differences
- Provide product demonstrations to prospective customers
- Assist in developing RFP responses in coordination with our RFP response team
- Participate in onsite and remote Proof of Concept evaluations
- Provide feedback to Product Management on product enhancements
- 5+ years professional experience as a pre-sales technical resource in an enterprise software company
- 3+ years working with Identity, Governance and Access Management solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A working knowledge of technical infrastructure including web services, application servers, databases, virtualization, and directories is required
- Familiarity with Java, XML, LDAP, SQL, JSON, Azure/AWS/GCP is desirable
- Residence in any Northeast state is preferred
- We anticipate 25% travel post pandemic, and flexibility to travel within the US (primarily in Northeast US) will be necessary.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience; 8 years of related experience
SailPoint is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome everyone to our team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.