Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We serve everyone from one-person startups to over 30% of the Fortune 100 with a powerful, trust-driven platform that enables companies and talent to work together in new ways that unlock their potential.
Last year, more than $3.3 billion of work was done through Upwork by skilled professionals who are gaining more control by finding work they are passionate about and innovating their careers.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Resiliency & Asset Management, the Analyst will assist with monitoring, analyzing, and maintaining various requirements intended to strengthen the asset management program performance, ensure compliance, and manage asset-related risks. The individual will:
- Coach and guide functional Asset Owners in completing their asset inventory, classification, rationalization, and lifecycle optimization, including creation of knowledge artifacts to ensure effective information sharing within the company;
- Develop regular monitoring reports and perform control testing to demonstrate adherence of people, processes, assets, and enabling technologies to policy requirements;
- Perform Root Causes Analyses to identify existing or emerging risks with a goal of finding opportunities to strengthen controls and reduce residual asset management risks;
- Assist with identification of and documentation for cost-savings opportunities and operational process improvements;
- Communicate analysis, insights, findings, and key metrics both verbally and in writing via reports and manage benchmarks to evaluate the organization’s maturity;
- Prepare evidence requests for audits, exams, and due diligence on asset management programs; and
- Support the overall development and maintenance of processes, policies, standards, systems, and measurements that help the organization to effectively manage assets with regards to cost, control, risk, compliance, and performance objectives.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Data Management, or related technical field.
- Experience working within a Second Line of Defense framework.
- Experience developing risk governance processes, practices, and supporting documentation.
- Experience defining and implementing operational and program recommendations.
- Experience working to meet regulations for asset management, such as information technology, critical data, or business assets.
- Highly adaptive and open to changes as the organization grows and its needs evolve.
- Strong communication, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong ability to resolve complex problems and issues
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 19 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.