We believe in having a transparent hiring process to provide a fair and inclusive experience to all our candidates.
Our team is dedicated to ensuring you have a great candidate experience, and that starts with outlining our hiring process from start to finish so you know what to expect every step of the way (no surprises!)—click here to learn more!
Do you get excited by working with data? Are you constantly looking for ways to make things more efficient? Does empowering others leave you with a sense of accomplishment? For you, it’s not just about the technical work, it’s about being able to make an impact through your solutions. You’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities—and you’ll find that at Thinkific!
As Thinkific’s next Analytics Engineer, you’ll sit at the intersection of Data Engineering and Data Analysis. You’ll help scale analytics at Thinkific by ensuring that data infrastructure is high quality, performant, resilient, and optimized for business impact. You will contribute to the architecture of our data pipelines, model data to empower data enthusiasts across the company, reduce redundancy and risk, and improve quality. Applying both your experience with engineering principles and your experience as a data analyst, you’ll improve on our development process and design datasets to support multiple use cases and ultimately delight data enthusiasts across the company.
In this role, you will:
- Contribute to our data infrastructure layer to ensure we build a resilient, performant, high quality data sets that scale and are optimized for business impact
- Apply your past experience in engineering best practices to the data pipeline development process (tests, documentation, code reviews, monitoring, etc.)
- Work with analysts and data scientists to design summarized datasets that support multiple use cases, and ultimately delight data enthusiasts across the company
- Contribute to our Data team’s culture and operate with Thinkific’s core values and principles
- Have fun while making a big impact on Thinkific’s continued growth and scaling
To be successful in this role, you likely:
- Have 3+ years of experience in a data engineering or analyst role—ideally both
- Possess expert SQL skills, with additional experience in Python or another general programming language
- Have previous experience in data modeling
- Worked extensively with BigQuery or another data warehouse in your previous roles
- Apply software engineering best practices & principles—you’ve worked in an Agile environment before and are well versed in using git
- Are familiar with using BI tools and have experience with dbt or similar analytics workflow tools
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of how data analysts and business users use data to drive decisions
- Possess strong communication skills—you can work with stakeholders across an organization
- Operate with an ownership attitude and a growth mindset
- Work independently and are comfortable in a fast-changing environment
- Are organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to think critically and analytically
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Are eager to learn and grow—you’ve likely had some post-secondary education or have equivalent professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Have worked with pushing and pulling from third party APIs in previous roles
Bonus points if you:
- Have previous experience working on projects in the data governance domain
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 50,000 course creators and more than 25 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Canada and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Whether you’re at our Vancouver HQ or working from home, you’ll have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Thinkers on your team and across the company through team-wide events, meet and greets with new team members, and regular social events
- Have fun with our team, even while we’re working remotely—join us for an online games session, virtual trivia and paint nights, at-home fitness challenges, or even an online coffee brewing demo!
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most, whether that’s subsidizing your gym membership, covering out-of-pocket expenses, or getting new gear
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Meet the many @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Get set up for success, whether that’s at the office or at home. Whether you need a monitor, laptop stand, keyboard, mouse, or even a desk, we’ll work to ensure you have what you need to do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Here at Thinkific, we know that the different perspectives on our team have led to amazing ideas, more innovation, and, ultimately, our success as a company. Our team welcomes applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, identities, and statuses. Whoever you are—we can’t wait to meet you!