At Vercel, our mission is to enable developers to create at the moment of inspiration. We are the platform for frontend developers, creating tools millions of developers use every day. By unlocking developer potential through the use of open-source tools such as Next.js, React, Svelte, and Turborepo, we enable developers to go from idea to global application in seconds.
As a globally distributed company, we take pride in our ability to work across time zones and continents, fostering collaboration and innovation. Our offices in San Francisco and New York City serve as hubs for our teams to come together and develop the tools that empower our users.
By joining Vercel, you’ll be part of a team that is deeply committed to open-source technologies and dedicated to shaping the future of web development.
About the Role:
The Data Team at Vercel is looking for an Analytics Engineer at the mid-to-senior level to join our interdisciplinary team of Data Engineers, Analytics Engineers, and (eventually) Data Scientists. Our team prides itself on building best-in-class data solutions inspired by our experience at leading tech organizations. This has allowed us to build a data platform that enables reliable data pipelines, high-impact data exploration, and accessible self-service.
You will report directly to the VP of Data, a member of Vercel’s executive team. As a member of a centralized data organization you will get a chance to collaborate with teams across the company. Your day-to-day might include talking to some of the foremost frontend developers in the world, modeling millions of dollars in revenue, or querying user activity from our cutting edge frontend platform.
What You Will Do:
As an analytics engineer, you will partner with stakeholders in Operations (Sales, Marketing, Finance) and EPD (Engineering, Product, Design) to develop and maintain data models that empower decision-making for Vercel. Depending on the project you might also participate in the Data Engineering work to bring in new data sources or Data Science work to help interpret results.
- Work with stakeholders and the VP of Data to gather requirements and define data products
- Work in a GitHub-issue based workflow including triage and taking detailed notes
- Maintain our internal and external self-service documentation
- Write ad-hoc exploratory and analytical queries in SQL
- Maintain dbt pipelines including change management, testing, documentation, and modeling best practices
- Work with version-controlled software and PR-based workflows
- Create dashboards with an eye towards stakeholder empowerment and independence
- Create data scalable efficient data assets that cover a range of use cases
- Interface with a number of internal and 3rd party systems including SFDC, AWS, Stripe, and ETL and Reverse ELT tools
- Educate stakeholders on best practices for producing and using data products
- Proven record of delivering high-impact data products and analysis
- Substantial experience in stakeholder and project management
- Substantial experience working with SQL in a data warehouse environment, especially working with high-volume analytical queries in Snowflake
- Experience writing and maintaining version controlled and SQL-based data pipelines, especially with dbt
- An interest in building and documenting self-service data systems
- Are comfortable working on a fully-remote and globally distributed team
- Have 3+ years of relevant experience in data analytics
Bonus If You:
- Have experience with our core technologies such as Snowflake, dbt Core or Cloud, AWS, Python, or Next.js and Vercel.
- Experience working with and modeling streaming data
- Subject matter expertise in any area of business operations, engineering, or product
- Great compensation package and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style – 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow – we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO – 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
The estimated annual cash salary for this role is $140,000 – $200,000 This salary range is an estimate, and actual salary may vary based on the company’s compensation practices, location, and candidate experience. The total compensation package may also include benefits and equity-based compensation.
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don’t necessarily check every box on the job description.