**Note that you don’t need to possess 100% of the qualities to be considered**
**Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply**
About Jama Software:
Jama Software is passionate about improving innovation success. Numerous firsts for humanity in fields such as fuel cells, electrification, space, autonomous vehicles, surgical robotics, and more all rely on Jama Connect™ to minimize the risk of product failure, delays, cost overruns, compliance gaps, defects, and rework. Jama Connect™ uniquely builds Living Requirements™ that form the digital thread through siloed development, test and risk activities to provide end-to-end compliance, risk mitigation, and process improvement. Our rapidly growing customer base of more than 12.5 million users across 30 countries spans the automotive, medical device, life sciences, semiconductor, aerospace & defense, industrial manufacturing, financial services, and insurance industries.
As an Analytics Engineer, you will help develop and scale the Company’s enterprise analytics infrastructure, enabling the delivery of critical data to drive reporting, analysis and decision making across the company. You will partner with our operations teams to understand the various source systems used across the Company, the data that resides within them, and the methods by which this data connects. You will own the day-to-day operations of our corporate data warehouse, ensuring data pipelines and transformations are performant, reliable, and well detailed. You will work closely with other members of the Business Intelligence (BI) team to build out and maintain connections between our data warehouse and our BI platform, and will occasionally help out with key reporting.
A successful candidate for this role will be self-directed, detail oriented, and passionate for working with data and producing clear, well documented systems and code.
In this role, you will:
- Play a leading role in the continued build-out of the data pipelines and infrastructure that powers our reporting and analytics capabilities.
- Own the day-to-day operations of our corporate data warehouse (Snowflake), including data ingestion pipelines, transformation logic, and connections to our BI Platform (Tableau) and data science models.
- Take point on implementing DBT models to enable, test and document transformations within the warehouse.
- Develop an intimate understanding of the Company’s data ecosystem including our various source systems (Salesforce, Marketo, Zendesk, etc.) and how their data combines to provide a comprehensive view of overall business performance.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in Finance and Operations to implement effective data governance practices, and to ensure the accuracy of our corporate data.
- Assist in the build-out and maintenance of our orchestration tool (Airflow) to enable automate ML models.
- 2+ years of experience working with SQL in a professional environment (BI Analyst, Data Analyst, Data Engineer, DBA, etc.)
- Experience with cloud data warehouse technologies (e.g., Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery)
- Familiarity with data warehousing / data modeling concepts and standard methodologies
- Familiarity with a modern scripting language (Python, R, etc.)
- Experience with Tableau, Looker, or a similar BI / Data Visualization tool, and an interest in participating in corporate reporting
- Experience with DBT a plus
- Familiarity with Airflow
- The ability and desire to work collaboratively across the organization to tackle problems
- Detail oriented, organized, and passionate about maintaining accurate coding conventions and documentation
Benefits and Other:
If we’ve intrigued you and you are the right candidate for the role, we will offer:
- Results-oriented and fun work with a chance to define distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions
- An energized and results-oriented Product leadership team
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision plans as well as pre-tax savings accounts as well as a generous 401(k) employer match
- Time-off and leave programs crafted to meet critical needs for rejuvenation and, when needed, extra support to cope with life events
Jama Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or that of his/her relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.