Moment is the fastest-growing marketplace for creatives. We carry the gear creatives recommend, sell video lessons from the pros, and run photo trips around the world. More than just an online store we also sell products through third-party marketplaces from Amazon to iTunes.
We’re looking for an AP/AR Specialist who wants to get started with managing our accounts receivable, account payables and helping to prep our monthly close. This role includes entering data, managing payments, running reports, and supporting period ending closes. You also get to help the team improve processes and tools so we can scale with our growth.
If you are detailed, super organized, and want to get started with accounting…then this role is for you.
U.S. applicants only please. No agencies, we are looking for an in-house, full-time hire.
What You’ll Be Working On
- Tracking and collecting AR balances.
- Receiving and managing payment requests.
- Reviewing and processing purchase orders.
- Processing a high volume of payments of various types.
- Following up and reconciling payment issues with vendors.
- Manage team reimbursement process.
- File and reconcile import duties on a monthly basis.
- File and track shipping invoices on a monthly basis.
- Maintaining monthly reporting of AP and AR.
- Assist with monthly reimbursement reconciliation and filings.
- Supporting our end of month, quarter, and annual closes.
You Need These Qualifications
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Studies show that if you meet even 50% of a job’s qualifications you have a high likelihood of being hired.
- Organized, high attention to detail and a simple communicator.
- 1+ years experience in accounts payable or receivables.
- 1+ years entering data into an accounting software program.
- Degree in accounting is preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Experience in Xero, Routable & Justworks is a plus.
Compensation and benefits
We keep it simple.
- Equity in the company.
- A competitive salary.
- Medical Insurance or $600 a month to do what you want.
- Flexible Schedule: Work when you want, as long you finish work on time and set teammates up for success.
- Free Moment Gear & discounts on our whole store.
- Annual equipment budget of $500 for your own gear.
- Company off-sites three times per year.
- Unlimited vacation.