NerdWallet is seeking a driven Accounts Payable/Procurement Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will oversee the company’s entire procure-to-pay function, which includes purchase order, invoice, and invoice payment processing. This role will also supervise the payables month-end close activities.
We’re looking for a problem solver with strong attention to details, who can bring experience to NerdWallet to help build a strong foundation for the future. We’re looking for a talented and motivated individual to help build the Accounting department with the goal of operating at a level of excellence.
This person will report to the Assistant Controller.
Where you can make an impact:
- Oversee vendor onboarding and the maintain the integrity of vendor files and documents, such as W-9’s, to ensure compliant, complete, and accurate information
- Manage day-to-day procurement and AP operations in line with company and accounting policies
- Lead and coach a team of 2 direct reports and contractors (as needed) to meet deadlines and solve technical problems
- Review AP invoices for appropriate account coding, matching against open PO’s, and routing to appropriate approvers
- Ensure compliance with company policies around corporate cards, expense reimbursements, etc.
- Effectively identify, recommend, and implement process improvements to enhance quality of service
- Collaborate closely with FP&A for an efficient close process and to produce accurate financial reporting
- Foster relationships with legal department and business partners to support business needs and facilitate the contract review process as it pertains to procurement
- Ensure timeliness of annual vendor 1099’s and other tax-related filings
- Work closely with external auditors during audit by preparing requested information and addressing auditor inquiries
- Take on special projects and ad-hoc tasks as they arise
- A natural leader, who’s also passionate about effective collaboration. You have excellent interpersonal skills, including analytical, problem-solving, verbal, listening and written communication, when collaborating both internally and externally
- Organized. You possess strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects to meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive and efficient. You think of ways to constantly improve the current process for better efficiency and accuracy and you have the drive to build the procure-to-pay function with a mindset that produces long-term solutions that scales with the company’s growth
- Data and results-driven. You have the ability to recommend and initiate new project ideas based on data and/or research
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in accounting or related field
- 6+ years of a combination of accounts payable and procurement experience in a high growth environment
- 2+ years of people management experience in an accounting related field
- High competency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment with Oracle,, or equivalent ERP, is a strong plus
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 12 holidays + Mental Health Days
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend and Cell Phone Stipend
Have some fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you’re remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self – we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- WiFi stipend, work from home equipment stipend, and co-working space subsidy
- Commuting stipend and catered breakfast, lunch and onsite barista for SF based Nerds
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.