Here’s what we hope you’ll bring:
- Great communication! Including thoughtful listening skills, the ability to express complex ideas clearly and succinctly, and the ability to communicate well in writing.
- An adaptive, empathetic, collaborative and positive mindset.
- Excitement to experiment with new technologies and best practices.
- Excitement to mentor and teach others how to maintain software projects.
- The ability to think holistically about software delivery and engineering issues.
- Have worked on one or more production-ready systems.
Truss encourages applicants from a wide range of experience to apply, including those with backgrounds in application, UI, backend and/or frontend engineering, as well as generalists. We would like you to have experience in 3-4 of the following:
- Agile delivery practices.
- Human centered design research practices.
- Automation of testing, deployments, or other repeatable tasks.
- One web framework such as React, Vue, Angular, Rails, Django, Flask, Express, etc.
- Modern web technologies such as HTML, CSS.
- Common API design patterns like REST or GraphQL.
- Common databases (MySQL, postgreSQL) and data schema design.
- Converting design wireframes or mockups into working code.
In this position you will:
- Work cross-functionally on project teams to form and drive technical decisions to completion.
- Collaborate closely across practices such as Product and Design to build solutions that keep the end-user in mind.
- Plan complex projects and define smaller pieces of collaborative work for your team.
- Support team dynamics that empowers technical teams to set and advocate for best practices and standards.
- Actively share your knowledge and experiences with teammates through pairing or demos or talks.
- Share experiences and collaborate with other seasoned application engineers to expand the AppEng practice skill set.
- Begin to mentor L1-L3 Application engineers through active pairing and project design.
- Think holistically about engineering issues, using engineering fundamentals.
- Actively write new documentation and continually improve existing documentation.
- Learn to set up a technical project/product for adoption on other teams and projects.
- Collaborate with our clients and partners to invent, implement, and deploy new systems and improvements to existing systems.