The Area Sales Manager, Midwest US will be a key driving force in further growing the Company into a well-recognized and respected leading global provider of innovative cold storage biomedical refrigeration and cold chain solutions for the research, blood bank, hospital, and clinical markets.
This is an individual contributor role with an opportunity to develop and grow with the company. Candidates will be ideally located in the Boston area
In order to achieve this goal, the successful candidate will be responsible for selling cold storage equipment (refrigerators, freezers, and ULTs) and cold chain solutions primarily into the blood bank and clinical markets, developing close working relationships with all key decision makers, thereby achieving all revenue objectives as set forth in the business plan. To achieve this goal, it is imperative that he or she immediately engage their abilities and experience to drive the sales efforts to new heights.
The Area Sales Manager, Eastern US will have proven abilities and successful sales experience with a verifiable track record of forecast attainment selling cold storage instrumentation into the research, blood bank, and clinical lab markets. He or she will be responsible for achieving the overall quarterly and annual revenue objectives including the successful launch of new products. To meet these requirements, the successful candidate will be directly responsible for managing all aspects of this process, including, but not limited to:
· Interfaces with sales management in coordinating new product launch programs.
· Establish strong relationships with major accounts and key decision makers.
· Works with senior management in developing forecasts and budgets.
· Coordinates and conducts well organized product presentations and demonstrations to potential customers with local distributors.
· Develops and implements key account strategies and programs to optimize revenue contribution and return on investment.
· Develops tactics and strategies to target new potential customers within prioritized markets.
· Demonstrates effective goal setting and time management skills.
· Coordinates and conducts product demonstrations, seminars, and attends trade shows.
B.S. in Life Sciences
The Area Sales Manager, Eastern US will be a seasoned knowledgeable individual with a minimum of 5+ years of demonstrated sales experience and proven success at one or more of the leading capital equipment/instrumentation companies offering products and solutions into the research, blood bank, and clinical markets. Recent experience with a smaller entrepreneurial environment is a definite asset. Experience in medical device grade products for refrigeration, freezer, storage, and transportation of biological samples into hospitals, CLIA certified labs, and other regulated environments is a strong plus. Background in selling through distribution channels would be valuable. Solid experience in problem solving skills, negotiation, analytical thinking, and visionary skills necessary to grow a company are of major importance.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Able to interface effectively with other departments.
- Strong teamwork bias, working across functional areas to optimize the business.
- Quantitative and analytical abilities for budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis.
- Effective strategic goal setting and time management skills.
- Customer-centric mindset focused on accountability, integrity, and delivering on commitments.
At Azenta, we are a part of the science behind the COVID vaccine and we are committed to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities where we live and work. To protect our coworkers, clients, families and friends, we have implemented a policy where all of our US employees must be fully vaccinated (which includes taking the booster) or have requested and received an approved medical/religious accommodation prior to their first day of work.