ABOUT THE ROLE
Interior Define is seeking an Art Director to play a key role in expanding our brand story by joining our Marketing team. We are looking for a passionate individual who is excited to grow, innovate and disrupt the home furnishings industry through a transformative experience.
This individual will be responsible for defining the brand visual direction, and collaborating with a team of in-house creatives to create inspiring marketing. This position will be a key player in exemplifying the brand voice of Interior Define.
At our core, Interior Define is a people first company. We are committed to building and empowering a team that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive across all facets of individual identity; promoting collaboration, shared learning, and contributions to our respective communities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- You are excited about building a unique and inclusive candidate experience, ensuring that all candidates and new hires experience Interior Define in a positive, transparent, and collaborative experience
- You are extremely detail oriented and are capable of managing the candidate experience in close coordination with our sales, operations, and marketing teams
- You jump in and solve problems.
- You are able to troubleshoot quickly, but also know when to ask for help
- You are naturally curious and look for opportunities to make things better and faster across the entire company (without compromising quality)
- Strong ability to influence others cross-functionality
- Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required on or before the start date.
- Foster a culture and an environment that is conducive to creative development, collaborating with in-house team of 3-6 team members and providing creative direction
- Work in conjunction with Brand Director to insure the success of active projects
- Work closely with cross-functional partners in merchandising, tech, CX, and sales to have deep understanding of messaging strategies
- Provide strategic visual solutions for marketing materials such as paid, email, social, marketing landing pages, and in-store marketing materials
- Actively participates in the ideation process leveraging research, analytics and brand insights
- Create style guides and brand guidelines campaigns as it relates to lockups, graphics, and motion treatments
- Elevates and evolves brand aesthetics while supporting overall brand direction
- Attends meetings as design lead and stays current with market trends to understand competitive landscape
- Responsible for leading art direction for static and motion assets across a minimum of 17 shoots a year
- Responsible for assisting in the design of Homepage, Landing Page, PLPs, PDPs, and emails.
- Direct, edit and oversee the delivery of all photographic assets produced by the in-house studio
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
- We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is excited about growth and has the following credentials:
- A minimum of 7+ years of experience in an art direction or design role with experience in-house or advertising within e-commerce and furniture/design
- 3 – 5 years of experience in art directing photography shoots
- Interested in photography, and flexible to be scrappy and capture content as ideas come up
- Be a proactive problem solver and thought leader by seeking out opportunities to better our visual communication or design
- Experience concepting for a variety of digital platforms, including video, social media
- Knowledge of furniture industry, pop culture trends, and deep library of aesthetic references
- Provide samples of impeccable aesthetic sensibility, innovative design and typography
- Solid understanding of creative production timelines, budgets and needs to ensure a productive on-set experience and output while maximizing video and still assets across multiple projects a year
- Print production process, knowledge of production techniques and file prep procedures for store signage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skillsProficient Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign, Sketch, Invision
- Detail Oriented and able to be flexible and quickly adapt with changing priorities and schedules
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Strong knowledge of digital, social, and video content
- Strong typography, visual, and experience design sensibilities.
- Comfortable attending shoots in studio or on location in Chicago monthly
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all the outlined requirements. We love meeting talented individuals who are excited about our brand and eager to grow in a startup environment.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Shopping for a sofa is one of the most important and emotional purchases anyone makes for their home. Your sofa sits in the center of your home, anchoring your space and influencing the way you interact with friends and family for years. Despite the significance of this purchase there was no brand making the experience more comfortable.
Interior Define is revolutionizing the way people shop for furniture (beginning with sofas). Through a vertical, made-to-order production approach and e-commerce focus, Interior Define crafts exceptional, customizable sofas and offers them for attainable prices. Interior Define makes customization easy: sofas can be tailored by size, fabric, configuration, leg style, and sit. Your space is unique. Your sofa should be too.
40% employee discount
$1000 Sofa Credit at 6 months (can be combined with employee discount)
Unlimited vacation policy
Sabbatical program after 5 years of service
Training & Development budget
Monthly Mental Health Days
Company sponsored Headspace account
14 week paid Parental Leave
Fun work environment and team culture