Notice: The entire Code for America Staff will be offline from Friday, December 24th until Tuesday, January 4th for celebration and recharge with our loved ones. We look forward to responding to you upon return and thanks in advance for your patience and understanding. We hope you have a happy holiday. –CfA’s Talent Acquisition Team
Code for America believes government can work for the people, by the people, in the digital age, and that government at all levels can and should work well for all people. For more than a decade, we’ve worked to show that with the mindful use of technology, we can break down barriers, meet community needs, and find real solutions.
Our employees and active community of volunteers build and transform government and community tools and services, making them so good they inspire change. We merge the best parts of technology, nonprofit, and government to help support the people who need it most. With a focus on diversity, equity, inclusion, and deep empathy for partners in government and community organizations and the people that our partners serve, we’re building a movement of motivated change agents driven by meaningful results and lasting impact. At Code for America, you contribute to exciting work while learning and developing in a supportive and flexible environment. Our compensation and benefits are holistic and thoughtfully curated to represent our employees and our mission. Help us drive real generational change that lasts.
We are seeking a talented Associate Client Success Advocate to support day-to-day applications for benefits and collaborate closely to ensure that clients receive equitable, dignified, and accessible services.
This position is part of a cross-functional team, requiring advocating for our applicants as the representative of the Client Success discipline.
About the Role:
In this position you will support California residents day-to-day as they apply and enroll in food assistance. As the primary point of contact for our clients, you will provide immediate and direct assistance to unblock barriers and help each applicant succeed.
This position reports to the Client Success Director.
In this position you will:
- Provide support to clients and support them to complete their applications via e-mail, SMS and Live Chat;
- Provide people who aren’t eligible with referrals to other food distribution programs or related public benefits/resources;
- Own problems through to resolution for GetCalFresh.org clients including communication with county partners around a client’s case;
- Identify questions or problems GetCalFresh.org clients have most frequently and report them back to the product manager for iteration towards a more successful application;
- Track outreach activities, pre-screens, applications submitted, outcomes and other data;
- Document and maintain our current client support systems/processes;
- Thoughtfully work with the client to resolve issues, including competing demands, sensitive situations, and conflicts with other disciplines;
- Work cross-functionally with other disciplines;
- Demonstrate interpersonal awareness, diplomacy, task management, tenacity, and empathy skills;
- Advocate for clients.
- 1-2 years of experience working directly with clients in a customer support role or equivalent;
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities;
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods;
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Fluent in English.
It’s a bonus if you:
- Experience using Intercom or similar client messaging software;
- Familiarity with Social Safety Net programs, such as SNAP;
- Fluent written/comprehension/speaking skills in a second language, other than English.
What you’ll get:
- Full benefits package with 100% coverage towards select medical, dental and vision plans and contributes 80% of the cost towards dependent and family coverage
- 401k plan with matching funds
- A collaborative, hardworking and fun environment
- Leadership and teammates who value Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity
- Professional development includes bi annual 360 review process and $1000 annual budget
- A manager and org-wide structure that supports and enables professional development
- Compensation: Code for America’s salary bands are transparent internally as a part of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We extend this to our hiring process. This role at this level is ranged from $71,400 – $96,600 in yearly salary. As part of our equitable hiring practices, we aim to target the midpoint of the 2nd quartile of the range for all new hires. That target for this role is $80,850. These ranges and the target are for the San Francisco/Bay Area market and subject to adjustment for cost of living differentials. The highest cost of living adjustment is 15%.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Code for America values a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Code for America is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.