Bustle is seeking a remote, part-time writer to cover Beauty and Wellness for our Style vertical. Day-to-day responsibilities include pitching and writing original reported beauty and wellness stories (both short turnaround and longer lead), evergreen, service stories, and trend pieces about topics in skin care, makeup, hair, and body care. A passion for beauty and wellness and an innate ability to trendspot in the fields are crucial. Examples of the kinds of articles you’d work on include this interview with brand founder Chana Ginelle on inclusivity in the industry; this fall hair trend piece; and this service piece on whatchapped lips could mean.The majority of stories will require the writer to find sources, conduct phone interviews, and cite peer-reviewed studies. A network of industry contacts and go-to experts (think dermatologists, estheticians, and trichologists) is a plus.Candidates must have availability to work 3 days per week during business hours, ET. The writer will work remotely and communicate with the Senior Lifestyle & Beauty Editor throughout their shift.
- Write 6-8 500-word stories per week comprising a mix of pitches and assignments
- Stay up-to-date on the latest beauty trends and research and influential thought leaders in this space to produce authoritative content
- Manage ongoing assignments, including conducting interviews and follow-ups
- Applicants should have at least 2 years experience covering beauty and wellness topics
- Ability to turn in clean, well-sourced, accurate copy in a timely fashion
- Comfort covering sensitive topics
- A sense for what makes a Bustle story
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
BDG is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 161 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, Input, Gawker, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.