Fundrise offers a wonderful in-person environment at our Washington, DC headquarters if that’s what you are looking for as well as a fully-remote option, including company-paid access to WeWork, from any location in the United States.
Our mission at Fundrise is to allow everyone access to a technology driven, diversified portfolio of institutional-quality real estate. Founded in 2012, we’re the largest direct-to-investor real estate investment platform in the United States. We make institutional-quality real estate investments available to individual investors of every size at the touch of a button.
Since our launch, Fundrise has raised over $2.4 billion from investors in all 50 states and has been honored on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies and the Financial Times 2020 and 2021 ranking of the Americas’ fastest growing companies. We’ve also been recognized as Nerdwallet’s Best Real Estate Investment Platform of 2021.
The ideal candidate would be an Associate level team member to work as part of the Development Team to execute and oversee the redevelopment of the West Jefferson portfolio. The Associate will assist senior management in establishing the development strategy for each project and oversee activities from design inception to completion of construction. The Associate will work directly with architects, general contractors, and other 3rd party design teams to assure projects are moving forward and oversee construction budgets, cost to complete, and project schedules.
The Associate should have a 3-5 years of experience in real estate development, adaptive reuse construction and project management and be familiar with the City of Los Angeles’ Building and Safety Department and other local utility agencies’ permitting process, Los Angeles City building codes, and can be onsite on a weekly basis as needed.
- Working with the construction and development team, lead entitlement efforts through various jurisdictions for development projects including processing applications, permitting, and assisting with public hearings
- Oversee Tenant Improvements and Repairs & Maintenance of stabilized and development properties
- Manage and coordinate a team of consultants, and contractors to timely implement the project goals and objectives including Architects, Engineers, General Contractors, etc.
- Prepare, track, and maintain development schedules and milestones
- Manage the bidding, negotiation, and documentation of the construction contract process
- Attend weekly onsite construction meetings to manage and coordinate with general contractors to ensure performance and adherence to project objectives
- Support contract administration in management and issuance of contracts to various consultants, including Engineers, Architects, General Contractors, etc.
- Prepare monthly reports to timely and effectively communicate project status updates with the Company’s ownership and strategic partners
- Assist with establishing development budgets and timelinesAssist with acquisition due diligence, including review of contracts, preparing budgets, coordinating consultants, and updating financial models with appropriate due diligence findings
- Support Asset Management team in the disposition and/or lease up of completed assets as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate or construction management
- 3 years of experience in real estate development, adaptive reuse construction and project management
- Experience with the City of Los Angeles’ Building and Safety Department and other local utility agencies’ permitting process, Los Angeles City building codes, and can be onsite on a weekly basis as needed.
- 5 years of experience in real estate development, adaptive reuse construction and project management
- Experience working with ProCore,MRI or related construction/program management software
Benefits at Fundrise
• Great medical, dental, and vision insurance with coverage of 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependent premiums
• Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses, dependent care, and parking
• 401(k) with 3% contributed by Fundrise, regardless of whether you are actively contributing yourself
• Fully covered life insurance and short-term disability
• Significant equity via our employee stock grant program
• Company-paid access to WeWork
• Gympass benefit including mental health resources
• Udemy license for on-demand continuous learning content
• Quarterly Book Initiative to select two books from a curated list related to a different topic each quarter
• Flexible PTO
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid parental leave