At Propel, our mission is to build modern, respectful, and effective financial tools for low-income Americans. Over 5 million people use our app, Providers, to manage the benefits they use to keep their family well-fed and healthy, stay up to date on critical government programs, save money and earn income. Read more about the impact of Providers (previously called Fresh EBT here, here, and here. Now we’ve expanded further into the financial services space, offering the best banking option for low-income Americans.
The Associate Growth Product Manager on our Product team will run our top of funnel acquisition channels. You’ll assist in growing our user base using our existing tools while also researching and integrating new ones. You’ll also use omnichannel experimentation to improve the end-to-end user journey by using user flows, email, SMS, push notifications, and in-app messaging. As our second Growth hire, you’ll have a tremendous opportunity to shape a team that is driving key metrics for the business.
Propel is a for-profit software company that holds its social mission at its core. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, the Omidyar Network, Kevin Durant, Serena Williams, and Nas.
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team. We encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds, including those with direct experience with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.
- A chance to create real impact on our growing team as well as the 5+ million users who rely on our work.
- A fun, caring, get-stuff-done culture
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- Competitive compensation (including equity) and excellent benefits
- A dog-friendly office based in Downtown Brooklyn (remote friendly!)
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with researchers, product designers, product managers, data analysts, and engineers on compelling growth solutions that drive user acquisition and adoption.
- Generate data-driven hypotheses to improve marketing performance; design and execute tests using clearly defined measurement frameworks.
- Handle and execute against the top-of-funnel roadmap, delivering projects to drive growth.
- Track key metrics related to customer acquisition cost, channel/campaign lifetime value (LTV), and overall channel growth that will inform and guide the roadmap.
- Be the expert on mobile technologies and trends, and use that expertise to further drive growth at Propel.
- Design and optimize segmented product and lifecycle marketing user journeys to improve conversion throughout the funnel.
- Help develop our evolving value proposition across different business lines.
What you have:
- 2-5 years of experience in growth or marketing, either at an agency or in a growth function at a fast-paced startup.
- Demonstrated success driving acquisition or retention marketing metrics – or both!
- A strong bias toward data: you’re comfortable diving into datasets of all types to problem-solve, generate hypotheses, recommendations, and measure success against KPIs.
- Proficiency with Amplitude/Mixpanel, MMPs (like Appsflyer or Branch), MAPs (Braze, Iterable, etc)
- If you’ve SQL, Figma, Excel Modeling knowledge and/or experience, that would be really helpful but not a requirement
- Curiosity: you’re always looking for new ways to find solutions to complex problems, whether by looking at new tooling, identifying new data trends, or talking with our users.
- A deep compassion for our users: you’re proactive about finding ways to assist in solving low income Americans’ problems and willing to go above and beyond to improve their lives