**Note that you don’t need to possess 100% of the qualities to be considered**
**Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, and other under-represented groups are highly encouraged to apply**
About Jama Software:
Jama Software is passionate about improving innovation success. Numerous firsts for humanity in fields such as fuel cells, electrification, space, autonomous vehicles, surgical robotics, and more all rely on Jama Connect™ to minimize the risk of product failure, delays, cost overruns, compliance gaps, defects, and rework. Jama Connect™ uniquely builds Live Traceability™ that form the digital thread through siloed development, test and risk activities to provide end-to-end compliance, risk mitigation, and process improvement. Our rapidly growing customer base of more than 12.5 million users across 30 countries spans the automotive, medical device, life sciences, semiconductor, aerospace & defense, industrial manufacturing, financial services, and insurance industries.
We are looking for an Associate Product Designer who is curious about the struggles customers face with enterprise software and is ready to make a direct impact by designing and improving their user experience. You should be an ever curious and creative individual that is looking to grow your skills across a spectrum of responsibilities includes user research, prototyping, wireframing, design leadership, and usability testing.
This position reports to the Director of Product Design.
About the Product Design Team
The Product Design Team at Jama is responsible for understanding enterprise-level problems for our customers, designing solutions with a user-centered approach, and validating those solutions with real users through delivered value. We bring empathy-driven design to highly regulated industries like space, medical, and automotive who are using our software across complex product development teams. We believe that good design is good business, so our mission is to deliver value to the customer while also returning value to the business.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to build sophisticated and usable solutions
- Participate in design research efforts to understand problems or surface opportunities for our customers
- Contribute to and help craft our growing design system through consistent implementation
- Model the user experience from rough to refined, using sketches, flows, concepts, prototypes, and annotated wireframes
- Seek internal and external design reviews for your work
- Participate in and analyze usability tests on the existing product or high-fidelity designs and prototypes
- 1-2 years of UX design experience that ideally includes business software application products
- BS/BA (or equivalent work experience) in art, design, interaction design, new media, human computer interaction (HCI), or related field
- Existing experience working cross functionally with Product and Engineering teams
- A basic understanding and application of UX design principles
- Proficiency with design tools and software to produce user flows, concepts, prototypes, and other design deliverables. Comfortable with products like Figma, Jira, Pendo, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You can clearly communicate your point-of-view to your teams and other partners.
- Sketching or drawing ability to quickly communicate ideas
- Attention to detail and well-developed problem-solving skills
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates UX design principles in action
- Experience in an enterprise software development environment
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS a plus, but not required
- Experience with the Requirements Management industry
Benefits and Other:
If we’ve intrigued you and you are the right candidate for the role, we will offer:
- Ambitious and fun work with a chance to define distinct, company-shaping tangible contributions
- An energized and results-oriented leadership team
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental and vision plans as well as pre-tax savings accounts as well as a generous 401(k) employer match
- Time-off and leave programs crafted to meet critical needs for rejuvenation and, when needed, extra support to cope with life events
Jama Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or that of their relatives, friends or associates or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.