TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 20,000 businesses.
Our core values
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We’re a team, built on trust.
- We’re proud to be remote.
- We’re in control of our own destiny.
Want to know more about the makeup of our team?
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people – our team and our customers – first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it’s harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
Read our 2020 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report here.
We have an immediate opening for an AutoFile Customer Experience Specialist to join our fast-growing, remote-only team of 160+ people. Customer Experience Specialists will process enrollment forms for customers utilizing our AutoFile service, assist with registering customers in new states for sales tax, coordinate and communicate state changes with customers, and process other timely correspondence.
This is a full-time remote position available to folks located in the US.
As TaxJar’s AutoFile Customer Experience Specialist you will
- Work with multiple clients, in various industries, to ensure all necessary and correct information is captured to ensure we are able to AutoFile sales tax returns.
- Help to expedite the overall enrollment process with a paperless workflow
- Verify detailed tax data from submitted documents and returns to ensure client satisfaction
- Confirm the software is functioning accurately to allow quick and efficient return preparation and propose updates as needed
- Be comfortable working async with self motivated projects and resources
- Research state filing and registrations requirements to provide best AutoFile experience
- Complete special projects (State research, contacting customers regarding changes, proposing workflow improvements) per instructions provided.
- Communicate frequently and effectively with customers on time-sensitive items
- Collaborate and communicate with various departments (compliance, engineering, product, sales, and support) to resolve issues as needed
- Manage workload effectively to meet deadlines
- Basic Computer Knowledge (MS Office/ Excel/GSuite)
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be self-reliant and work independently
- Work with your team to acheive ? (can’t think of a good term)
- Sales tax experience a plus
- Tax and legal research a plus
- Experience monitoring and managing ticket queues a plus
- Desire to learn and adapt to changes in a constantly evolving tax technology space
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable for your work
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Are hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We’ve created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We’re profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We’re always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.