TaxJar’s remote-only team of 180+ people is growing quickly. We have an immediate opening for a AutoFile Filing Specialist (Contractor) who wants to join us and help make eCommerce easier for everyone.
Our core values:
- We know that we’re better together
- We are always learning and growing
- We shape our own destiny
- We build relationships that matter
There’s a person we want to work with.
Thing is, we’re not talking about someone specific. In fact, that’s the problem. We’re talking about a set of traits and an attitude, which is scarce! We want AutoFile Filing Specialists who see things differently; that don’t conform to the norm. You’re ready to get the job done, and even surprise us.
What we Expect from an AutoFile Filing Specialist (Contractor):
- Accurately file a high volume of sales and use tax returns (don’t worry, we’ll train you)
- Manage workload effectively to meet deadlines
- Follow key quality control processes
- Suggest improvements that increase our efficiency and accuracy
- Isolate and resolve common filing issues; communicate with customers as necessary
- Complete special projects (state research, contacting customers regarding changes, proposing workflow improvements, changing customer filing frequencies) per instructions provided
- Feel comfortable working async and researching with the resources available
- Communicate effectively with customers and your teammates
- Collaborate and communicate with various departments (verifications, engineering, product, sales, support, etc.) to resolve issues as appropriate
- Be willing to jump in and help the team however needed
- Basic Computer Knowledge (MS Office/ Excel)
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and a good team player
- Positive attitude
- Sales tax knowledge is a plus
- Experience filing sales and use tax returns is a plus
- Desire to learn and adapt to changes in a constantly evolving tax technology space
- Located and authorized to work in the US
At TaxJar, we believe a diverse team creates better solutions for our customers. Read our Diversity statement below:
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people – our team and our customers – first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it’s harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
TaxJar’s 2020 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report here.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.