Circle Medical is a venture-backed Y-Combinator healthcare startup on a mission to bring quality, delightful primary care to everyone on the planet. Built by top-tier physicians, engineers, and designers, our medical practice and underlying technology have pioneered how people find and receive care.
Our focus on building directly for our patients and providers to address serious care accessibility issues has enabled us to grow over 3X year-over-year. We’re now using our most recent round of funding from WELL Health, backed by Sir Li Ka-shing, to continue building out our hybrid in-clinic and telemedicine model across all fifty states.
As we enter the hypergrowth phase, we are looking for deeply motivated team players who are driven to solve some of the biggest challenges in healthcare so that people can live longer and healthier lives.
More about us can be found on our website.!
We are looking for passionate, mission-driven engineers who take pride in the products they build. As a backend engineer, you’ll work alongside other engineers, product designers, operation experts, and clinicians to build patient/physician-facing features in the core product. Our primary backend technologies are Ruby, Rails, and PostgreSQL. That being said, we believe in using the right tool for the job.
Please note that this is a remote role, open to applicants living in the Americas, the UK, and Europe.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Implement, test, and maintain features in the backend systems spanning across multiple domains: scheduling, billing, clinical tools for physicians, telemedicine, and others.
- Design APIs used by the mobile app.
- Integrate third-party APIs.
- Write secure, HIPAA-compliant software.
- Contribute to the engineering culture and hiring.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- 3 + years experience as a backend Engineer
- Excellent programming skills.
- Experience shipping and maintaining a Web app in production.
- Excellent knowledge of Ruby and Rails.
- Excellent knowledge of PostgreSQL.
- Rigorous unit testing and use of best practices.
- Ability to take ownership.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU AN EDGE:
- BS, MS or PhD in computer science, math, or similar field.
- Experience shipping and maintaining a large software system.
- Experience making product decisions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good knowledge of computer security.
In alignment with our values, Circle Medical has transparent salaries based on output levels and options to trade cash for stock.
This is a full-time, salaried position with an annual salary of $75,000- $180,000 USD plus generous stock options, vacation, and full medical/dental benefits *based on locations.
Circle Medical is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Circle Medical recruits qualified applicants and advances in the employment of its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.