Moz is looking for a Node.js Software Developer to join the User Services team, responsible for building applications to support all invoicing, charging, and subscription-management for Moz products. We are open to hiring strong mid or senior level developers.
We are an office optional company. This position can be fully remote from anywhere within the USA or Canada. We’re also open to having folks be based out of our Seattle, WA or Vancouver, BC offices.
Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. It’s our mission and promise to interview a diverse and representative slate of candidates before making an offer for our open roles.
What You’ll Do
- Work within our agile framework to deliver software against the subscription and payments problem-space using industry best practices
- Work collaboratively with the engineers on the User-Services team to create and enforce development best practices to ensure high-quality software
- Contribute to our devops culture by maintaining our systems, including creating documentation, runbooks, monitoring and alerting, integration tests, etc. Participate in the on-call rotation with the rest of the team
- Maintain SLAs for our applications, APIs and back-end services
- Understand and embrace our core values: Transparency, Accountable, Generous, Fun, Empathetic and Exceptional.
Experience We Want to See
- You should have a solid background in shipping products. We don’t want to get hung up on years of experience but you should have done this enough times that you know what it takes to get software products into the hands of users and also understand and anticipate the many things which can go wrong along the way.
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience working with API design and distributed backend systems.
Moz is the most trusted authority in online search with powerful SEO and Local Search platforms to help marketers improve the position of their brands, business locations and competitive rank in search results. Moz’s platforms are powered by world class-quality data, both robust and fresh enough to serve as the foundation upon which crucial business decisions are made. For both large enterprises looking to gain an edge in the increasingly complex and ever-changing world of search or an agency seeking an SEO platform to accelerate client growth, Moz has a solution. Check it out at www.moz.com.
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in a small but profitable company who are industry leaders.
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things!)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do.
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking.
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful.
Our benefits include:
- A strong commitment to work-life balance. We provide a US$3,000 per calendar year vacation expense reimbursement for all employees as well as monthly home internet access and cell phone stipends.
- Employer match contributions on retirement plans.
- Generous paid time off and flexible work from home policies.
- Personal career development including 10 face to face career coaching sessions a year.
- 100% match on charitable contributions up to $5,000/year.
- Generous paid parental, medical and family leave policies to support you during major life events.