What we’re building
At Tidelift, we are making open source work better for everyone by helping organizations effectively manage the open source behind modern applications while ensuring open source maintainers get paid for the incredible value they create. We are creating a mutually beneficial commercial model for open source where both creators and enterprise users get what they need, and the world gets even more healthy and secure software that improves our lives.
We’re well-funded and growing fast. You will play a large role in tackling challenging problems and helping expand the company, while learning alongside our experienced team.
Find out more about us on tidelift.com, listen to this recent podcast interview with our CEO Donald Fischer, or read about us in Wired or Business Insider.
Tidelift is looking for a BDR Manager that will build a collaborative environment for our motivated and driven BDR team. As the BDR Manager, you will be responsible for managing and coaching individual members of the BDR team, monitoring team performance, building career paths, and building strong outbound programs. As the BDR Manager, you will work closely with each member of the BDR team to enable their professional development through coaching and engagement. You will be responsible for using data and metrics to identify areas of opportunity and strength across the team, and work closely with Sales Enablement to create plans of action and change. You would also be working very closely with Marketing on cross functional initiatives and quarterly goals. The BDR Manager acts as a servant leader to support a collaborative team environment, create space for constructive feedback, and leave room for the BDR team to appreciate the mission they are working towards.
- Remotely manage a team of BDRs
- Carry and exceed your team’s quota
- Create a collaborative and motivating environment that supports a mindset to consistently meet/exceed goals
- Provide coaching and professional development including weekly 1:1 meetings, monthly evaluations, team trainings, and call sessions
- Work with the team to build career plans for each team member
- Work closely with marketing, sales, and sales enablement to ensure alignment on your team’s strategy and execution
- Report, track, and manage sales activities and results using Salesforce and Salesloft
- Play an active role in the creation and iteration of team processes
- Enable BDR team to achieve performance targets for meetings held and opportunities created per quarter
- Recruit, interview, and hire excellent BDRs at scale
- Prior experience in a B2B sales environment, preferably within the Enterprise sector
- Prior experience in a leadership role or management position for a team of 3+ individuals
- Prior experience managing remote employees
- Demonstrated track record of success as a top performer
- Strong leadership, communication, and coaching skills, ability to motivate team members
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset, data-driven and detail-oriented
- Experience working cross functionally with Marketing and other departments
- Functional knowledge and understanding of CRM systems (Salesforce, Hubspot)
- Understanding of the software development space and the SDLC
- Comfortable with remote work
- $120,000 per year base salary
- Opportunity to earn up to $50,000 per year in variable compensation
- Generous stock option grant
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Tidelift is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
The BDR team is highly motivated, collaborative, and driven to make an impact on Tidelift and our company mission. The BDR Team is responsible for prospecting, calling, and scheduling meetings with prospective clients within enterprise development organizations. The team is focused on a combination of inbound and outbound outreach and engagement with enterprise organizations. The team works very closely with one another, Sales Enablement, and the Account Executives to enable themselves to be the most effective they can be in their day to day role, and to continue growing their sales skills.
We’re trying to build a healthy, values-driven culture. We want to be:
- Optimistic: We see an amazing future ahead, and want to inspire others to share in it. This is both internal—building each other up and looking for the best in people—and external—we know open source is awesome, and we want to make it even better.
- Practical: We know words and ideas alone won’t change lives. We help people most by creating a pragmatic, viable, and sustainable business that works for everyone. So we care about usability, design, and honest assessment of costs and benefits.
- Additive: We want an environment that encourages and inspires growth, both for individuals and for the open source community as a whole. That means embracing a growth mindset, and valuing culture-add over culture-fit.
- Inclusive: We believe technology will be stronger when it better reflects the voices and ideas of society as a whole. So we want people from different backgrounds and experiences to not just be represented, but to be heard, valued, and flourish. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
To find out more about how we live these in practice, we’ve written more about living our values “inside and out”.
Working at Tidelift
We are (and have been) remote-first from day 1. In this role you would have the option to work remotely from anywhere in the US. We get together in person 2-4 times a year, so some ability to travel is required (though we aim not to require travel on weekends, and travel remains optional during COVID). We’ve written more about how we do remote work here, here, and here.
We believe in the urgency of our mission and the importance of doing good work, but also know this is a marathon and not a sprint. Hours are flexible when necessary to meet personal needs (like child, medical, or elder care).
Tidelift is committed to the safety of its employees, and so requires that all employees be vaccinated for COVID before participating in any in-person company activities.
Compensation, benefits and career
Tidelift’s approach to compensation is designed to ensure that we are staying true to our core values of being optimistic, additive, inclusive, and practical. We do this by:
- Rewarding tenure: We are optimists, believing that each of us is bringing our best to work each day. In this spirit, we provide predetermined raises of at least 3% each year based on the belief that you are working hard and learning more about Tidelift and your role, making yourself more valuable to the company every day. Each year we will refresh our model for rewarding tenure with new market data, and share an updated compensation trajectory with you.
- Holding firmly to a no-negotiation policy: In the spirit of our values to be inclusive and additive, we believe employees hired to perform the same role should receive the same compensation, regardless of location, negotiation prowess, prior salary, or years of experience prior to joining Tidelift. All Tidelift offers have compensation packages that are determined prior to the start of recruitment. This, along with a structured interview process, is intended to mitigate the effects of both shifting criteria bias and the ask gap on wages within Tidelift, and is an essential element of our equity, diversity, and inclusion strategy.
- Sharing our process transparently. You and your colleagues are doing important work, and we want to compensate you fairly in return. We transparently document how we approach compensation at Tidelift, including our methodology for calculating initial offers, raises, and promotions, so that you know exactly what you can expect from us over your career here.
In addition to cash and equity compensation, Tidelift offers medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance as well as the ability to contribute pre-tax dollars to flexible spending and retirement (401k) accounts. As a remote-first company, we offer a variety of remote work stipends to cover expenses such as co-working spaces, internet, and phone connections. Finally, all employees have access to generous vacation and gender-neutral parental leave policies as well as the ability to reimburse up to $5k annually for their own professional development.
How to apply
Fill out the form below. We’d love it if you add a thoughtful note about your goals and your background. We’ll get back to you promptly!