Formed in 2014, Tendermint is the creator of Cosmos, an ecosystem of interoperable blockchains. We are a software engineering company that focuses on the Cosmos SDK and Starport, state-of-the-art frameworks for blockchain development. Over USD 100 billion worth of digital assets is secured by the 200+ blockchains built with the Cosmos SDK. We’re passionate, self-driven industry leaders whose vision is to empower people to create a more transparent and accountable world through open, distributed, and interoperable networks. We believe that the technology we’re building will have a major positive impact on how humans connect and coordinate globally. Join our growing international team and help us build the most popular multi-blockchain ecosystem in the world.
How we work:
We have team members working worldwide, from North America, Europe to the Middle East and Asia. We leverage agile methodologies to move quickly and stay focused. Communication is vital to us, and we rely heavily on Slack, Google Workspace, Asana, Notion, and GitHub to help us stay in sync. All the technology we build is free and open source. This role is a full-time remote position, and you’re free to work from anywhere. Be advised that most team meetings occur between 8 am and 12 pm Pacific Time (UTC-8/-7). If you’re applying from a location where these hours are outside your usual working hours, we expect you to adapt to our meeting times.
What you will be doing:
- Manage the technical aspects of integrating Cosmos SDK based chains, protocols and products with other blockchain ecosystems.
- Build token bridges between blockchains utilizing Cosmos SDK based networks.
- Perform hands-on design, prototypes, and proof-of-concept and development as required in blockchain technologies or any other technologies.
- Develop best practices, tutorials and documentation to scale blockchain integrations.
- Prepare documents on design specification, deployment guide, and user guide, etc.
- Provide support for various testing activities including unit testing, integration testing, user acceptance testing.
- Develop tools and practices to help troubleshoot and diagnosis application, system and network problems.
- Collaborate with project leads and other software engineers across multiple teams.
- Participate in the technical solutions and full development life cycle.
- Build solutions with a broad set of technologies in and around cloud solutions: Google Cloud Platform (GCE/GKE/Cloud Run/API), AWS EC2, ECS, Route53, RDS, Lambda, Serverless computing, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform.
- Work with our security team to develop tooling that can help verify security of our blockchain integrations.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Ability to drive a project from concept to release.
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals.
- Proficiency in multi-paradigm programming languages; bonus point for proficiency in Golang.
- Excellent knowledge of networking and communication protocols such as gRPC and Websockets.
- Good knowledge of relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience in blockchain and other Web 3.0 technologies.
- Basic understanding of cryptography.
- Experience with the top blockchain technology like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- Experience with containerised services and container orchestrators.
- Understanding of security, performance, server design and cross-platform architectures.
- Proficiency in Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD).
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Comfort and/or experience working remotely with distributed teams
Nice to have:
- Interest in consensus protocols, P2P networking, distributed systems.
- Interest in DeFi technologies.
- Hands-on experience on open source projects.
- First-hand experience in launching production-grade Tendermint-based applications and designing and maintaining enterprise-grade, scalable network infrastructures. Bonus points for having contributed to the launch of at least one Cosmos-SDK application mainnet or participated in at least one Cosmos ecosystem event (e.g. Game of Stakes, Game of Zones, HackAtoms, etc).
Tendermint in the news: