Formed in 2014, Tendermint is the creator of Cosmos, an ecosystem of interoperable blockchains. We are a software engineering company that focuses on the Cosmos SDK and Starport, state-of-the-art frameworks for blockchain development. Over USD 100 billion worth of digital assets is secured by the 200+ blockchains built with the Cosmos SDK.
We’re passionate, self-driven industry leaders whose vision is to empower people to create a more transparent and accountable world through open, distributed, and interoperable networks. We believe that the technology we’re building will have a major positive impact on how humans connect and coordinate globally. Join our growing international team and help us build the most popular multi-blockchain ecosystem in the world.
How we work:
We have team members working worldwide, from North America, Europe to the Middle East and Asia. We leverage agile methodologies to move quickly and stay focused. Communication is vital to us, and we rely heavily on Slack, Google Workspace, Asana, Notion, and GitHub to help us stay in sync. All the technology we build is free and open source.
This role is a full-time remote position, and you’re free to work from anywhere. Be advised that most team meetings occur between 8 am and 12 pm Pacific Time (UTC-8/-7). If you’re applying from a location where these hours are outside your usual working hours, we expect you to adapt to our meeting times.
About the position:
Tendermint’s Developer Experience (DevX) team is seeking a talented and motivated software engineer with experience in developing Go applications. You will be working within the DevX team to define requirements, iterate on software solutions, and deliver useful developer tools for people interested in building Cosmos blockchains. We’re looking for a motivated and versatile engineer who understands developer ergonomics and has great written communication skills. Your work will be hugely impactful, as your tools will be used by a rapidly growing, international audience of developers.
What you will be doing:
- Implementing features for the CLI tool for building blockchains
- Developing Cosmos SDK modules for genesis coordination, shared security, decentralized exchanges, etc.
- Building a server-side program that makes intelligent decisions based on blockchain data and manages server infrastructure
We’re looking for someone who has:
- At least 4 years of software engineering experience writing code that both humans and machines can understand
- Significant experience writing Golang with a good understanding of best practices, its concurrency primitives, go/* packages, and reflection
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals including network, storage, OS, data structures, transpilers/compilers, etc.
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience working with distributed teams
Nice to have:
- Experience building with Cosmos SDK, CosmWasm, Tendermint.
- Experience in creating microservices, working with tools like Kubernetes, Ansible, Docker, Terraform.
- Interest in topics such as proof-of-stake, consensus algorithms, decentralized exchanges, public-key cryptography, etc.
- Contribution to open-source projects
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be part of building the future of the Internet
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits like educational budget, fitness and wellbeing spend
- Flexible PTO
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision insurance 100% covered for employees in the US
- 401K Match in the US
- Competitive salary, including equity
Tendermint in the news: