Remote, Full Time
At ConsenSys, we have a vision of a world where data sovereignty and financial well-being is accessible to every person and organization. We believe Ethereum and decentralized protocol technology is a more trustworthy and equitable foundation for how we create and share value across the web. On this trusted, open source foundation, we can accelerate the world’s transition to a universally accessible network of distributed participants where transparency, security and freedom are fundamental.
Our product suite, composed of Truffle, Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. As the leading Ethereum software company, ConsenSys enables developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. To learn more about ConsenSys, and explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
About ConsenSys NFT Business Unit
ConsenSys’ NFT Business Unit is in search of people passionate about the fusion of NFTs, utility, narrative and creativity. We are passionate about unlocking new possibilities with NFTs, pushing the boundaries of creativity with fan, brand and user engagement, exploring these new possibilities deeply through narrative and visuals, and making them a reality.
ConsenSys partners with some of the largest firms in the world, including dozens of Fortune 100 clients, governments and the largest global banks. We are backed by JP Morgan, Mastercard and UBS.
Our Web 3.0 products and technology are the most used in the industry, with tens of millions of existing users globally – supported by our global customer support organisation. We have been operating large scale, public blockchain infrastructure for more than five years, which is used across our industry and the largest NFT and crypto players in the world, including Coinbase, Palm, Sorare, Decentraland, Guild of Guardians, and dozens of others.
Our Eulerbeats NFT platform has been called “the most genius idea ever” by Mark Cuban, and it has distributed more than $5m to its user base through NFT royalties.
ConsenSys is not just NFT players, we have expertise up and down the entire technology stack, all the way down to Layer 1 Ethereum.
We are looking for a diverse group of creators and technologists who are interested in day-to-day exciting challenges, who are resilient, and who thrive in the exciting and fast-moving NFT industry.
What You’ll Do:
As a Blockchain/Solidity Developer, you will join a new business unit that specializes in NFTs, helping to build the future of fan, community and brand engagement, artistic expression, content creation and distribution. You will be responsible for developing products for NFT projects together with some of the world’s leading brands and sports teams. You will be joining a world class technical team with State of the Art expertise in developing & delivering advanced decentralized applications across exciting use cases, specializing predominantly in NFTs. You will join a multi-national agile and product team where you will be responsible for the delivery of Solidity smart contracts and DApps in production to a wide range of users.
Would Be Great If You Brought This To The Role:
- MINIMUM of 4+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- 1+ years of Solidity smart contract development experience
- 2+ years of as front-end or fullstack or backend developer (React, Node.js, ideally Python)
- Experience developing, deploying and running Dapps/smart contracts in production on Ethereum mainnet or L2/sidechain (ideally DeFi Dapps/protocols and/or token-based use cases)
- Knowledge of secure Solidity development patterns for tokens and DeFi protocols
- Good knowledge of most prominent ERC/EIP Ethereum standards
- Good knowledge of smart contract development tools/frameworks (Truffle, Hardhat)
- Experience using smart contract auditing tools (MythX, other)
- Experience working in CI/CD setup
- High quality and testing standards
- Good documentation practices
- Experience developing and contributing to open source projects
(incl. but not limited to Solidity open source codebases)
- Familiarity with DeFi protocols, mechanics and smart contract codebases, and/or digital assets/payments and other token standards like ERC-777/20/721/1155/1400 and existing open source implementations (OpenZeppelin, Universal Token, etc.)
- Knowledge/understanding of cross-chain interoperability techniques (HTLC, bridging)
- Knowledge/understanding of L2 technologies (ZK/optimistic rollups, PoS/PoA sidechains)
- Experience using smart contract auditing techniques (fuzzing, other)
- Deep knowledge/experience understanding of EVM
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related subject
Other Skills To Demonstrate:
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Teamwork, flexibility, initiative, communication and organization
- Ability to share knowledge/train other developers
- Willingness to constantly learn & improve, challenging yourself to stay at the top of your game
Don’t meet all the requirements? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $117,000 – $219,000.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
We have a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to make sure we’re looking after you and what matters most.
We believe in ownership and want everyone to have a stake in our future success, that’s why you’ll receive equity when you join us.
Recognized in the blockchain and Web3 ecosystem
Working at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Continuous learning & opportunities
We provide ongoing growth and development through on-the-job learning, and the ConsenSys Advance Program which includes full access to Coursera, bespoke and technical learning programs and ConsenSys Academy our world-class blockchain and Ethereum program.
We value downtime to recharge and reset, ensuring everyone at ConsenSys has work/life balance. In addition, company-wide we participate in “zero productivity” days to take a break from work, shut down, and sit back and relax.
Flexible working arrangements
With our global workforce we have fine-tuned asynchronous working which means we have a lot of flexibility in the structure of when we work and how we work together.
You’ll be joining a team based all over the world. Providing the unique opportunity to work with people from across 6 continents.