Formed in 2014, Tendermint is the creator of Cosmos, an ecosystem of interoperable blockchains. We are a software engineering company that focuses on the Cosmos SDK and Starport, state-of-the-art frameworks for blockchain development. Over USD 100 billion worth of digital assets is secured by the 200+ blockchains built with the Cosmos SDK. We’re passionate, self-driven industry leaders whose vision is to empower people to create a more transparent and accountable world through open, distributed, and interoperable networks. We believe that the technology we’re building will have a major positive impact on how humans connect and coordinate globally. Join our growing international team and help us build the most popular multi-blockchain ecosystem in the world.
How we work:
We have team members working worldwide, from North America, Europe to the Middle East and Asia. We leverage agile methodologies to move quickly and stay focused. Communication is vital to us, and we rely heavily on Slack, Google Workspace, Asana, Notion, and GitHub to help us stay in sync. All the technology we build is free and open source. This role is a full-time remote position, and you’re free to work from anywhere. Be advised that most team meetings occur between 8 am and 12 pm Pacific Time (UTC-8/-7). If you’re applying from a location where these hours are outside your usual working hours, we expect you to adapt to our meeting times.
What you will be doing:
- Designing and implementing a cross-chain naming system, that will become a core building block for the internet of blockchains.
- Driving implementation details and delivering specifications with buy-in from different stakeholders.
- Participating in technical specifications design, development and implementation.
- Helping shape the direction of systems architecture by defining high-level architecture, principles, and standards.
- Working closely with stakeholders (business, compliance, operations, and technology partners at all levels) to document requirements, and identify, mitigate and address risks in the protocol specifications and implementation.
- Performing and assisting engineers through code reviews, acceptance testing, bug fixing, and general support.
- Bringing DeFi to reality on cosmos-sdk based chains
We’re looking for someone who has:
- BS/BA in Computer Science or Economics (or equivalent work experience).
- 5+ years experience in software development and relevant experience in blockchain technologies.
- Strong leadership skills with a focus on engineering excellence.
- Experience with Tendermint and Cosmos-SDK.
- Knowledge of fault tolerant consensus protocols like PBFT or Raft.
- First-hand experience in designing and writing quality code in Golang.
- Ability to write production quality code.
- Proven track record of delivering applications on time and in-budget.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
- Experience designing and building performant and scalable network protocols.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Internet protocols such as Domain Name System is a plus.
- Experience with blockchain name systems like ENS and Handshake is a big plus.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be part of building the future of the Internet
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits like educational budget, fitness and wellbeing spend
- Flexible PTO
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision insurance 100% covered for employees in the US
- 401K Match in the US
- Competitive salary, including equity
Tendermint in the news: