Blueland is revolutionizing conventional cleaning and personal care products to eliminate the need for single-use plastic packaging, while prioritizing the planet and people. We believe that we should be able to have a clean home without sacrificing a clean planet and that sustainable choices should be effective, convenient, and affordable. We also believe that business needs to be reconstructed to consider all stakeholders, not just profit. We are a science-driven company with a pipeline of proprietary products that started with our cleaning sprays and hand soap (we hold over 40 patents and patents pending worldwide). To date, we’ve already helped divert more than 1 billion single-use plastic bottles from landfills and waterways. We were the 2nd fastest growing direct-to-consumer in 2020, and have built an engaged, passionate community of over 350K Instagram followers. We’re proud to be B Corporation Certified – recognized for meeting the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability. We’re also Climate Neutral Certified along with many other certifications that help hold us accountable on our commitments to optimize our products for environmental and human health. Blueland was featured on the Season 11 premiere of Shark Tank, securing an investment by Kevin O’Leary. Blueland is well-funded by top tier venture capital firms as well as notable investors including Gwyneth Paltrow, Justin Timberlake and founders of Sweetgreen, Thrive Market, Honest Company, Rent the Runway, and Bonobos. We’ve been featured across top tier outlets such as the New York Times, Fast Company, TechCrunch, VOGUE, Wall Street Journal, Inc., and more.
We are seeking a Full Stack Sr. Software Engineer with eCommerce experience to help build new features and launch new products to support Blueland’s growth. As an early hire for our fast-growing, mission-driven brand, you will play a critical role in our site development to increase customer lifetime value, optimize acquisition and improve site performance. We are seeking someone who loves creative problem solving, enjoys making impactful individual contributions and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Participate in all aspects of the development lifecycle, including technical analysis, architecture, design, programming, deployment, and maintenance
- Work closely with the Growth Marketing team to develop roadmaps and establish priorities
- Collaborate with UX through the design process to ensure a good user experience with various use cases covered
- Improve code quality through reviews, testing and best practices
- Perform thorough QA testing including cross-browser/platform compatibility to ensure quality deploys
- Support vendor evaluation and optimizing our technical stack with a focus on performance, scalability and security
- Resolve complex bugs and technical issues
- Be a technical leader for the team and coach 1 engineer
- Be an active participant in sprint team meetings, sharing your point of view in discussions and ensure the timely delivery of technical projects
- 3+ years of engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Deep experience building eCommerce websites as part of a technical team
- Experience working with React, Redux, Webpack or similar technologies
- Experience with Shopify Plus, Sanity CMS, headless commerce, and/or ReCharge subscription a plus!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A self-starter who can take the ball and run with it with a positive attitude
- Interested in and passionate about the environment, sustainability and the Blueland mission
At Blueland we believe in order to build a better future and planet, we must advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion. We are proud to have assembled a diverse team and strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every qualification.