Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US. We welcome applicants from all 50 states. Employees based in the San Francisco area also have the option to work out of our office as desired.
We’ve built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for analysts and data scientists. As we’ve grown, an increasingly broad audience—people on teams from finance to operations, marketing to engineering, and everything in between—has begun to use Mode to collaborate on data that can be used to inform everyday decisions. For our customers, Mode is the central place where data experts and domain experts can come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.
About the role:
The Brand Studio team is a tight-knit creative crew of designers, producers, and developers. The Mode platform is loved by customers and it’s time to up-level, then scale our brand to bring the Mode story to organizations everywhere.
We’re looking for a creative and collaborative Brand Designer to help develop and express the Mode brand across new and existing audiences, segments, and markets as we enter our next phase of growth. Reporting to the Director of Brand, you’ll strategize, ideate, and design for web, editorial, events, and more as you help develop and evolve our brand.
We’re a collaborative group guided by a customer-centric process and we’re eager to infuse that with fresh creative talent that can ideate and iterate toward real world impact. Your first six months at Mode will be an exciting, foundational phase for the Brand Studio and our company. As you breathe new life into ongoing initiatives, you’ll also help drive a complete rebrand and completely reimagine our brand expression across every channel.
After that, you’ll continue to partner with the Brand Studio as well as Marketing to execute on breakthrough creative for assets needed to deliver on our ambitious growth goals. You’ll partner with the product and product design teams to bring our brand to life across customer touchpoints in-product. With our customer success and customer education teams, you’ll partner on assets that make data analysis skills more accessible to people in every corner of an organization. You’ll partner with all these teams to measure results, understand the impact of your designs, test, and optimize (we’re a data company after all).
What you’ll do:
- Create work that captures the spirit of the Mode brand to achieve the big vision we’re bringing to life over the next few years
- Provide creative partnership to cross-functional partners, translate their business goals into beautiful design work.
- Bring your creativity to bear on an iterative design process built around delivering real world impact to our users.
- Infuse brand work with customer-centric insights.
- Design experiences, materials, and assets that are strategic, high-quality, and aligned with guidelines for expression across channels, segments, and new markets.
- Contribute to an inclusive, inquisitive Brand Studio culture that is bold in execution, and oriented towards ownership and growth.
- Collaborate with external agencies and freelancers.
- Execute brand strategies that increase brand awareness and perception across audiences and geographies.
- Help execute on creative for campaigns in advance of big media moments and product launches.
- Build relationships with contributors across the business and contribute to a culture of inclusive brand partnership.
What we look for:
- Alignment with Mode’s values
- A proven track record of high impact design project delivery
- Strong experience ideating, concepting, and executing brand work across multiple channels.
- Strong understanding of design systems and working with brand guidelines
- Ability to create strong, collaborative relationships with cross-functional and external partners
- Confidence in presenting ideas and designs to internal clients
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we’re building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team’s passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. For California residents please review our CCPA Privacy Notice linked here.