Brighthive is a public benefit corporation focused on data collaboratives. Through our data trust management platform and strategic support services, Brighthive transforms the way organizations responsibly share data, make decisions, and create shared value. Together with our growing network of trusted partners, we build and support open source, interoperable data infrastructure necessary for organizations, networks, and communities to share data more effectively and securely.
We’re hiring a full-time Account Executive (AE) to join our team as we accelerate the adoption of Brighthive Data Collaborations across organizations, networks, and communities. As an AE, you’ll accelerate the growth and educate prospective customers. As our second full-time AE, you’ll set the bar high, as you are the front line of expanding our flagship product’s market visibility.
Our ideal candidate has 5+ years experience selling technology services and products.
Some might describe you as:
- Passionate about technology, startup culture, and sales
- Creative in your ways of reaching out to prospective clients
- Detailed and highly organized with your sales process
- Adaptable and comfortable with minimal oversight in fast-paced environments
- A challenge-seeker determined to find solutions rather than being deterred by ambiguity at an early stage startup
- A strong communicator with an appreciation for feedback
- Mission-driven with an interest in helping those who are historically or institutionally disadvantaged
- Prospect daily for new business and work assigned leads
- Assist in establishing effective sales strategies and tactics that result in new account generation
- Document daily activity in CRM (salesforce.com) to track performance
- Update sales business plans weekly to optimize sales results
- Coordination of demonstrations
- Support full sales cycle, from prospecting for new business to closing sales
- Meet and exceed all revenue goals and targets on a monthly, quarterly, annual basis
- Embrace and stay updated on industry news, competition, and consumer trends
Where this role fits in the team and who you’ll work with
You will report to the Head of Social Sector on the Sales and Marketing team.
A day in the life:
- Prospect and nurture new relationships into business opportunities
- Build and drive your pipeline to close
- Work independently, be able to prioritize, focus and take initiative
- Identify decision-makers and influencers within prospect accounts
- Always think outside of the box to help clients achieve their goals
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience selling SaaS or online technology
- Experience selling into complex non-profit accounts or public sector
- A team player, always looking for a better way to execute
- Excellent communication skills and ability to think on your feet
Salary: $75,000 base salary + commission structure
Start Date: Immediate
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision insurance, healthcare and dependent care FSA, 401(k), unlimited PTO, 12 weeks paid family leave, and more
A Brighthive Data Trust is a legal, technical, and ongoing governance framework that empowers organizations, networks, and communities to securely and ethically combine their data sources and work collaboratively toward shared outcomes. By creating combined data resources, organizations can more fully measure their impact, evaluate new questions, and respond to the current and future information needs of their organization, network, and community.
The Brighthive Data Trust framework is a repeatable set of protocols and processes that are matched to the goals and information needs of the collaborative group and its individual members. These processes may include setting and enforcing permissions for other members to access portions of other members’ data, creating and accessing combined data resources, identifying and approving responsible and ethical uses and users of the data resources, and defining a common set of data interchange standards and protocols.
Mission: To see society’s disconnected data be responsibly linked and purposefully used as a force for good that increases social equity, efficacy, and efficiency.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Brighthive will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.