We’re looking for a Business Analyst to support business operations and strategy at Fresh EBT.
At Propel, we believe that low-income Americans should have access to modern, respectful, effective financial products. That’s why we built Fresh EBT. Fresh EBT is a free mobile app that empowers SNAP recipients to more easily manage their government benefits and discover new resources. Over 2 million low-income Americans use Fresh EBT each month to manage their benefits, making it one of the most widely used financial apps in the US. Read more about the impact of Fresh EBT here, here, and here.
Fresh EBT works with advertising partners to help our users find new ways to save money and earn income. You will be responsible for executing and improving key day-to-day operations of our advertising business. You’ll also work directly with team leaders across an array of projects and functions in a fast-moving start-up environment. We’re a small team, enabling huge individual impact and promoting professional growth and flexibility.
Propel offers a unique opportunity to create social impact at scale. We’re a for-profit company backed by some of Silicon Valley’s top investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and the Omidyar Network. If you’re looking to leverage your skills for social impact, come join us!
- Immediate opportunity to make an impact — you’ll take on significant business and client responsibility from day one
- Broad exposure to business skills — you will develop skills in client management, analytics, and operations
- Start-up experience — you will be exposed to a broad set of functions and challenges
- A get-stuff-done and fun and caring culture
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- Competitive compensation (including equity) and excellent benefits
- A dog-friendly office based in Fort Greene, Brooklyn
- Work closely with Business Development Managers to understand campaign specifications, gather collateral, and prepare campaigns
- Set-up and monitor advertising campaigns within our internal system
- Provide basic reporting and analytic support to partners; offer suggestions for campaign improvement or testing
- Understand partner goals and lead and grow key partner relationships
- Build internal processes and documentation to improve the efficiency of campaign set-up and management
- Provide other ad hoc support to the business team (e.g., build invoices, fill out RFPs, etc.) and other leaders
- Lead strategic projects on new business or partnership opportunities
- 2+ years work experience, with client-facing / account management experience a plus
- An analytical brain — you’re highly proficient in Excel, with some exposure to HTML, CSS, and SQL
- A systems approach — you constantly improve how you and others work and build new tools to do so
- Incredible attention to detail — you automatically double- and triple-check your work
- Orientation to get stuff done — you fight through ambiguity, learn new skills, and bias toward action
- Curiosity — you’re excited to do different things and to field the occasional surprise
- Humility — you expect and want to learn from our users
- Deep desire to help fulfill Propel’s mission of building modern, effective, and respectful tools for low-income Americans
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team. We encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds, including those with direct experience with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.