At Azenta, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships.
Azenta Life Sciences is a global leader in the life sciences space with headquarters in Chelmsford, MA, and offices and operations worldwide. We are a market leader in automated bio sample management solutions and genomic services across areas such as drug development, clinical and advanced cell therapies for the industry’s top pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and healthcare institutions globally. We provide unparalleled capabilities with our lab analysis, sample management and storage services, informatics software, and consumables, with the largest installed base managing over 1 billion samples globally.
How You’ll Add Value
Serve as Business Analyst for the Sample and Repository business for internal implementations of Azenta Informatics System inclusive of on-going product lifecycle projects of Elevate (Replacement of BioInventory & Starlims) and Janus (Operations system for Drug Distribution service line) Driving implementations at all Azenta BioBanks, Onsite locations at customer sites, and Sample Preparation Services (SPS) labs globally using project management and Software testing acumen to ensure implementations are timely, on-budget and meet intended scope.
Partner with internal subject matter experts, external customers, internal Sales and Marketing and network within Life Sciences community to define and implement Azenta internal operating systems which will elevate our operational performance, the User/Customer experience, and innovative delivery of services (Inclusive of realization of our vision to automate to “one touch sample management”) .
What You’ll Do
Provide Commercial, Technical, and Training of custom interface, including creation of compliance documents as needed during stakeholder analysis Work with stakeholders to define needs and work to meet needs while exceeding expectations. Document requirements, and support stakeholder organizations in writing and executing test scripts. Provide technical support for the development and implementation of training on the new system. Act as a leader as needed to mentor and transfer knowledge to BioBank staff. Provide project management to ensure project stays on schedule and within defined scope. Develop and document reporting requirements
What You Will Bring
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years BioBank or Laboratory operations experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience with sample management software or similar desired.
- Knowledge of end-to-end operational workflows; of BioBank and/or SPS operations a plus.
- Strong business acumen including knowledge of Software User Acceptance Testing.
- Ability to map a process and knowledge of value stream mapping.
- Aptitude to convert user input into clear requirements.
- Ability to translate technical information into easy-to-understand training, compliance documents and stakeholder/customer requirement documentation for both internal and external customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication; ability to translate between the product development team and the Biobank teams.
- Demonstrable track record of analyzing issues with a focus on problem solving looking through many lenses.
- Exceptional customer focus, strong troubleshooting, problem solving skills, practical “can do” attitude and desire to delight customers with great solutions.
Your Working Conditions:
- Remote, office-based role with some travel (10 – 15%)
At Azenta, we are a part of the science behind the COVID vaccine and we are committed to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities where we live and work. To protect our coworkers, clients, families and friends, we have implemented a policy where all of our US employees must be fully vaccinated (which includes taking the booster) or have requested and received an approved medical/religious accommodation prior to their first day of work.