About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Places To Work in 2021” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
In this role, you will evaluate data sets across our commercial functions to maximize the efficiency of our customer-facing operations. This is a key role that will help us draw insights from disparate data sets, and help apply those insights to create a better customer experience across our business segments. You’ll help design a data-driven view of the customer journey – all the way from website visits to interacting with sales and becoming successful customers through consistent engagement. If you are keen to help build an analytics framework and create meaning out of customer touchpoints, this role is well positioned for you.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented people to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Engage with cross-functional teams to help understand their requirements at a departmental level; help scope and prioritize these requirements to develop analytics programs and projects
- Build our data models
- Create analytics views based on disparate data sets across the commercial functions – sales, marketing, customer success – leveraging business analysts and vendor resources
- Build a partnership with our infrastructure and engineering teams to help drive best practices and continue to build our data infrastructure
- Manage and maintain reporting across commercial teams that drive business insights and create actionable next steps
What we value:
- 3 – 5 years of advanced analytics experience
- Ability to develop and modify complex SQL queries from business requirements
- Ability to design, implement, and optimize DBT and Looker models based on business and performance requirements
- Able to provide ad-hoc data extracts using SQL, Python, R, and Google Sheets
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Prior expertise with Looker, Segment, and Snowflake
- Knowledge of database design concepts
- A can-do attitude towards examining issues, opportunities, and problems, with the ability to work under their own initiative
- A collaborative mindset with a proven track record of engaging with multiple stakeholders across different business areas
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.