At Propel, our mission is to build modern, respectful, and effective financial tools for Americans with limited incomes. Over 4 million people use our first product, Fresh EBT, to manage government benefits on their EBT card, save money, and earn income. Read more about the impact of Fresh EBT here, here and here. Now we’re expanding further into the financial services space by building new products that help our users manage the other aspects of their financial lives.
Our Business Development and Sales Lead will be responsible for bringing in new commercial customers in key industries for the Fresh EBT marketplace. You’ll own the sales pipeline from start to finish — independently sourcing, setting up sales meetings, pitching, and closing new, high-value customers who need to reach our specific audience. This role will also give you opportunities to build upon and refine the existing Fresh EBT sales and revenue strategy, providing ample room for experimentation with new strategies, advertising products, and revenue-generating tactics. As a member of the business development team, you’ll play a critical role in growing our revenue and boosting the Fresh EBT brand in core customer industries.
Propel is a for-profit software company that holds its social mission at its core. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, the Omidyar Network, Kevin Durant, Serena Williams, and Nas.
We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural team. We encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds, including those with direct experience with the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or other government benefits.
- An immediate opportunity to make an impact
- A fun, get-stuff-done, and caring culture
- Meaningful work and a strong shared sense of mission
- Competitive compensation (including equity) and excellent benefits
- A dog-friendly office based in Downtown Brooklyn (remote work through at least mid 2021)
What you’ll do:
- Build advertising relationships and broader partnerships
- Source, prospect, pitch, and close new advertiser customers in vital industries (develop lead lists, own outbound sales communications, source pitches, delivers executive-level presentations, negotiate and finalize contracts)
- Maintain ongoing sales pipelines to drive continued revenue growth for Fresh EBT
- Advocate on behalf of our ad partners by driving retention and acting as ‘voice of the customer’ to business and product teams
- Get creative by researching, testing, and implementing new sales strategies, business opportunities, and ad products
- Build and improve sales materials and case studies
- Support B2B marketing/brand-building efforts of Fresh EBT’s marketplace
What you have:
- 3+ years experience in business development, sales, partnerships, or other client-facing role; title commensurate with experience
- At least 1 year of experience bringing in new business
- Interest in digital advertising industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with senior-level clients
- Excellent relationship-builder with customer service orientation
- Analytical and able to independently conduct sizing / pricing analyses; comfortable with Excel
- Interest in building a business with a strong social mission at the intersection of private and public sectors