1 big thing: Axios HQ is a software platform that helps organizations communicate more effectively by bringing years of newsroom research to remote team’s fingertips so they can create smart updates that distill essential information in half the time — increasing transparency, boosting engagement, and building trust. Learn more about Axios HQ:
Why it Matters: As our Business Development Associate, you will serve an integral role in securing, maintaining and growing the customer base for Axios’ SaaS product with thoughtful outreach (phone, email, and LinkedIn) and exceptional service to potential clients. Working on a new and growing team, you’ll be identifying and developing new revenue opportunities and, ultimately, growing the revenue of this successful new product.
Go Deeper: We are looking for an organized, proactive thinker to enthusiastically help generate and increase new business opportunities. This opportunity will allow you to work alongside our growing tech sales team and play a significant role in shaping new revenue opportunities and helping support topline technology sales growth.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Proven customer or client service experience
- Experience managing sales pipelines including researching, prospecting new business leads, outbound outreach, and organizing inbound interest
- Detail-oriented with strong time management skills and an ability to prioritize effectively
- Strong project management skills and sales fundamentals
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Eager for and receptive to feedback
- Proficiency using CRM software to manage sales processes and pipelines
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Class pass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.