Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy content in an audience-first format. This year, we launched Axios Pro, a new paid subscription product servicing professionals with the news, tools, and information they need to do their job. We are hiring a Sales Development Representative to join our growing B2B sales team taking Axios Pro to market.
Why it matters: As our Sales Development Representative, you will serve an integral role in building the customer base for Axios Pro corporate accounts with thoughtful outreach (phone, email, and LinkedIn) and exceptional service to potential clients. Working on a new and growing team, you’ll be identifying and developing new revenue opportunities and, ultimately, growing the revenue of this successful new product.
Go deeper: We are looking for an organized, proactive thinker to enthusiastically help generate and increase new business opportunities. This opportunity will allow you to work with and learn from our growing sales team and play a significant role in shaping revenue strategy.
- Grow Axios Pro subscription business by identifying sales targets and being the first contact with prospective customers
- Manage the pre-sale customer pipeline including sourcing, qualifying, and setting up meetings for sellers
- Work closely with B2B sellers to strategize on new business development opportunities
- Partner with revenue and sales team leadership to influence our corporate partnership outreach and renewal strategy
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Proven customer or client service experience
- Experience managing sales pipelines including researching, prospecting new business leads, outbound outreach, and organizing inbound interest
- Detail-oriented with strong time management skills and an ability to prioritize effectively
- Strong project management skills and sales fundamentals
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Eager for and receptive to feedback
- Ability to be adaptable and creative as the Axios Pro B2B program grows
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching and mental health support
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Classpass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
On target earnings for this role is $60,000 and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills. This range does not include other compensation benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.