1 big thing: Axios is a growth-stage company dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are looking for a BDA to join our growing sales team on our advertising sales team.
Why it matters: As our Business Development Associate, you will serve an integral role in securing, maintaining and growing relationships for Axios’ core media team with thoughtful outreach and exceptional service to potential clients. Working on a growing team, you’ll be identifying and developing new revenue opportunities and, ultimately, growing the revenue of this successful team.
Go deeper: We are looking for an organized, proactive thinker to enthusiastically help generate and increase new business opportunities. This opportunity will allow you to work alongside our growing sales team and play a significant role in shaping new revenue opportunities and helping support sales growth.
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Proven customer or client service experience
- Experience managing top of funnel sales pipelines including researching, prospecting new business leads, outbound outreach, and organizing inbound interest
- Detail-oriented with strong time management skills and an ability to prioritize effectively
- Strong project management skills and sales fundamentals
- Desire to collaborate with others
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Eager for and receptive to feedback
- Proficiency using CRM software to manage sales processes and pipelines
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per month
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Classpass discounts
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.