This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in the United States
AS THE WORLD MOVES TO FHIR, THERE ARE PLENTY OF REASONS TO SMILE
Smarter decisions, fewer barriers, and better incentives are just the beginning. Smile CDR makes it easy for healthcare stakeholders to collect and exchange data with our leading FHIR-based data liberation platform.
We reduce barriers between information and care for those who deliver or consume health services and products and whose roles or care are hindered by fractured, inaccessible or complex information systems.
Let’s make a difference!
BE PART OF THE TEAM WORKING TOWARDS #BETTERGLOBALHEALTH
The Business Development Consultant is expected to lead all sales efforts within their assigned territory or market area, including prospect identification, lead development and generation, initiating sales calls, and handling the full sales cycle, including but not limited to proposals and contract negotiations through to deal closure. The Business Development Consultant is expected to meet or exceed the sales goals established by the Company while delivering the highest standard of integrity, quality, and customer service to our clients.
- Generate new sales leads and identify new opportunities through networking and prospecting, including cold calling, as well as utilizing the internal services provided to the sales team by the company (i.e. marketing and public relations activities).
- Target account selling (prospecting/lead generation, qualification and scoping, closing strategies, negotiations, etc.).
- Interface and develop professional relationships with existing clients and prospects throughout the organizational levels.
- Establish, handle, and maintain relationships between Smile CDR and senior executives of the client and prospect companies.
- Make sales presentations to customers and prospects at all levels.
- Develop and maintain in-depth technical knowledge of Smile CDR’s solution offerings.
- Identify the needs and solutions for clients or prospective clients and be able to communicate features, benefits, uses and applications, competitive advantages and business terms, etc.
- Facilitate technical follow-up to close sales.
- Maintain a real-time understanding of the competitive landscape to assist in figuring out win-based proposals and pricing.
- Assist in facilitating, coordinating and actively participating in contract negotiations.
- Act as representative of Smile CDR at industry conferences and association meetings, etc.
- Meet or exceed established sales quotas.
- Participate in and contribute to sales planning status meetings.
- Ensure that the confidentiality, privacy and integrity of Smile CDR’s information are maintained.
- Completed Post-Secondary education, preferably in business or a related field of study or comparable work experience.
- 8+ years of progressive sales and closing expertise.
- Quota-carrying experience with B2B software or technology sales, dealing with long sales cycles and average deal values of $100K or more.
- Strong knowledge of the healthcare industry drivers, including providers, payers, and government agencies.
- Strong listening skills followed by good presentation skills.
- Ability to establish rapport and credibility with senior management and executives.
- A history of exceeding sales targets and performance metrics.
- Creative problem-solving approach with strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated, driven, and enthusiastic, coupled with integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently use software including Windows/Mac, Google Suite, HubSpot (CRM) and more.
Smile CDR’s core values are respecting, embracing our differences, and celebrating our shared values. Our people are the foundation of our success, and we remain dedicated to building diverse and inclusive teams. We welcome and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodations or have any questions during the application or interview process.