Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
We are looking for a highly motivated Business Development Director to join our Federal organization to cover business development and capture across the US Federal space. This role is responsible for supporting Elastic’s efforts to build a growth engine of pipeline of existing and strategic programs through strategic Federal System Integrators.
This position will be accountable for achieving pipeline, sales, and business development efficiency results that meet or exceed the assigned overall Federal growth target. The Business Development Director is expected to continuously learn and demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of Elastic solutions, federal mandates, financial drivers, and develop and maintain both Federal industry and strategic partner relationships that benefit Elastic Federal.
The role includes a Federal sales contribution target comprising pipeline qualification and sales achievement, as well as cross-functional development contributions. This position will provide Business Development and Capture support to our sales team within Elastic Federal. You will also be responsible for managing the Federal Distribution Channel.
What you bring along:
- 10+ years successful sales experience as Business Development Manager in the federal marketplace
- 5+ years’ experience using formal sales capture processes
- 5+ years’ experience with relevant Federal acquisition processes, contracting, procedures, and laws
- Understanding of analytics, search, or big data markets/products or ability to learn quickly
- High energy level, sense of urgency, decisiveness and ability to work well under pressure
- Experience managing sales pipeline, forecasting, and closing deals
- Strong facilitation and communication skills – both written and verbal
- Proven record as a team player
- Experience working with Elastic Software or Open Source is desired.
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility and character
- Previous experience in conceptualizing, and mapping Federal RFP/RFI requirements to Elastic feature/functions and capabilities
- Strong leadership, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Ability to interface and negotiate with senior executives
Additional Information – We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving – We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.