Nav is democratizing small business financing. In other words, we give small business owners access and control. Yes, this challenges the norm, but it means working with curious, purpose driven, dedicated, and inquisitively smart people who push themselves, our company and the community to the next level (and every level after that). We are the people behind the tech. And when it’s good, we look for better. We don’t over think the value we bring nor spend time trying to revamp mantras. We also do not come up with some crafty way to tell you who we are and what we offer. We are Nav! Here, you’ll gain a wealth of experience, learn the tricks of the trade, and work with winners. All companies say people are connected to their mission but in our case our mission and our people are one – it is a way of being not just a cause you are committed to. And since 2013, Nav has holistically and organically developed its own ideology because Nav can only be Nav.
Nav is seeking a Business Development Manager with experience in the financial industry to join our Lending team. In this new role, you will have a unique opportunity to support Nav as we continue achieving breakthroughs in SMB banking technology and scale as an organization. If you have a passion and hunger for identifying, igniting and closing new referral and embedded partnerships, possess strong negotiation and influencing skills and want to contribute like an owner of Nav’s business, then this role is for you!
We are looking for a confident, professional, detail-oriented individual to jump right into a lean and agile team. You are dynamic in your craft, flexible and nimble in thought with the mindset of thinking outside the box in how to grow our partnerships to offer the most competitive lending marketplace of lending products for our Small Business customers.
Our teams lead with candor, charge hard, fail fast, all while working in a fun, diverse, and inclusive environment. If you are a high-energy innovator, enjoy a rapid-paced, growing environment and have the zest to solve big challenges,come join us and be a part of our history and co-create the future of FinTech here at Nav.
WHAT YOU WILL BE EMPOWERED TO DO?
- Build, manage and own a pipeline of partners to drive revenue to Nav
- Educate partners on Nav’s products, partnerships programs and on-boarding opportunities
- Researching and identify new partnership opportunities
- Pursue and outreach to potential partners to establish rapport
- Lead the entire deal cycle with partners from sourcing to launching inclusive of quotes and proposals
- Develop strategic market plans and initiatives in collaboration with cross-functional partners in Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Customer Support
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events to expand network reach
- Identify key and emerging trends in the SMB Banking and SaaS industries, and turn insights into action
- Evaluate current sales performance and identify expansion opportunities
- Partner in developing goals for business growth
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field
- 3+ years within the Fintech /banking background that includes some combination of transactional and negotiation experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident, articulate, persuasive and and professional speaker
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Agile and quickly adapts to change in direction/strategies
- Excellent business judgment, as well as the ability to prioritize workflow and meet deadlines across a fast-paced remote workforce.
- Success working both independently and cross-functionally.
- Enthusiastic, diligent and strives to demonstrate sound judgment in the face of challenging and sometimes competing demands.
- Start-up mindset – agile, flexible and ready to make an impact
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Work from anywhere in the US (we were remote before it was cool!)
- Comprehensive and competitive Benefits – Effective Day One
- Base Compensation + Bonus + Equity
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Company Holidays
- Opportunity to make an impact and influence the future of Nav with an incredible team