At HubSpot, we would like to invite new and future graduates to join our sales team as Business Development Representatives (BDR for short). According to our new model for the future of work , BDRs work either in our Berlin office or remotely within Germany. We accept applications from graduates of all degree programs and subject areas.
The task of a business development representative is to identify suitable companies through strategic customer acquisition and to interact with them. This is done using existing HubSpot leads whose interest is rekindled through calls, emails and social media messaging.
As part of your contact with potential customers, as BDR you will find out more about the challenges the respective company is confronted with and can thus decide whether HubSpot can be used as a solution. Once you’ve identified a qualified prospect, your goal is to convey the value of HubSpot succinctly and concisely, and to generate interest in a more in-depth conversation with an account executive.
Your area of responsibility includes working closely with 2 to 3 account executives. You will work with the account executives you support, as well as other BDRs, on a daily basis to develop innovative strategies for identifying new opportunities. BDRs who successfully assert themselves in their role then become account executives within our sales team.
What is the responsibility of a Business Development Representative?
BDRs expect the following tasks and responsibilities in their role:
- Effectively win customers from qualified leads
- Work closely with a responsible account executive to develop and implement customer acquisition strategies and plans
- Work with internal sales management and marketing teams to ensure high quality and quantity of presentations / demos
- Schedule online product demos for a responsible account executive
- Conduct discussions to analyze needs with potential customers
What are the requirements for this position?
- Experience in sales or in customer acquisition
- Fluent German and English skills
- A sharp, goal-oriented focus and a compelling, stringent approach to goal implementation
- The ability to deal with and respond to objections
- Strong organizational skills and very good time management
- Lots of energy, passion for the job, humor, compassion and enthusiasm
- Bachelor degree
Who is this role particularly suitable for?
Business Development Representatives who perform excellently in their role usually have the following experience and qualities:
- Work experience in a high growth environment
- Passionate about helping companies grow and interested in the technology industry
- Modesty and enthusiasm at work
What advantages and additional services can employees expect at HubSpot, among other things?
- Generous compensation and stock options
- Interactive training and onboarding for employees
- Reimbursement of tuition fees of up to 4,250 euros per year
- Life insurance
- Protection in the event of prolonged illness
- 25 days of annual vacation plus an unlimited number of vacation days
- Reimbursement of gym fees
- Great colleagues and an attractive, culturally diverse work environment in which social activities such as excursions, parties and events take place on a regular basis
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading customer relationship management (CRM) platform that provides software and support to help businesses grow better. We build marketing, sales, service, and website management products that start free and scale to meet our customers’ needs at any stage of growth. We’re also building a company culture that empowers people to do their best work through. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code , which has more than 5M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace , too. Thanks to the work of every employee globally, HubSpot was named the # 4 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor in 2021, and has been recognized for award-winning culture by Great Place to Work, Comparably, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc., and more .
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, HubSpot was founded in 2006. Today, thousands of employees work across the globe in HubSpot offices and remotely. Visit our careers website to learn more about culture and opportunities at HubSpot.
By submitting your application, you agree that HubSpot may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. HubSpot’s Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, our purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over HubSpot’s use of your personal information.