WELL is a patient communication infrastructure for healthcare. We enable enterprise health systems, private practices, and vendors to conduct seamless conversations with patients across multiple channels — including texting, email, telephone, and live chat.
With WELL, patients receive all of their healthcare communication from one trusted source — their provider. The platform empowers service representatives to converse with patients in real time, ensuring patients feel heard while driving staff efficiency and increased revenue.
Founded in 2015, WELL is based in Santa Barbara, California and is the highest rated patient engagement software on G2. WELL serves many of the country’s leading health systems and more than 20 million patients.
WELL is honored to be ranked number 170 on the 2020 Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies. WELL is also proud to have been named one of the 2020 Central Coast Best Places to Work by the Pacific Coast Business Times, and one of the 2020 Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare. To learn more about WELL, please visit our LinkedIn.
WELL is looking for a talented Business Intelligence Analyst / Developer to join the team. You are someone that is excited about working with healthcare data. You enjoy managing large data sets, and building data models and processes in a structured, collaborative, and inclusive environment.
As a Business Intelligence Analyst / Developer, you will join the Data team, and work under the direction of our Director of Data Science. You will also work alongside our Product and Application Engineering teams. You will manage existing data processes, work with Product and Engineering to implement new product capabilities, and build new system and data solutions.
This is an exciting role for an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst / Developer that is looking for their next opportunity at a fast-paced startup.
As a member of this team you will:
- Support and maintain existing analytics
- Identify and eliminate technical debt in the system
- Improve and create process that allows the team to operate more effectively
- Leverage our data platform to provide data-driven insights to customers and internal teams
- Effectively communicate technical issues within the team, and create solutions
- Work with account managers and client support to ensure all customer analytics are stable and providing value
- Serve as a data expert and lead business intelligence expert for data analytics requests
- Support customer requests for changes to reporting and dashboards
- Design solutions after gathering business and technical requirements
- Own the reporting and dashboards inventory and dictionary
- Aid in supporting, troubleshooting, testing, and maintaining the BI reporting environments
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, computer science, data science, math, statistics, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience as a data analyst or similar role
- 3+ years of experience with healthcare data warehousing
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with Looker
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and logical reasoning skills
- A passion for managing data and analytics
- Experience with Data Science techniques
- Experience with R and/or Python
WELL is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and to prioritize the health of our employees, all WELL positions are temporarily remote. We are looking forward to when our company returns to in-office work at or around June 2021. For this role, we are open to candidates that would be interested in working full-time out of our headquarters when we return to in-office work, or those that are already located within the United States and seeking a permanently remote position.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Workplace groups – company committees available for all to join (Diversity & Inclusion and Workplace Engagement).
- Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
- Santa Barbara office perks: dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy snacks), Kombucha on tap, light-filled space, Sonos workplace, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
- MacBook Pro provided
- Unlimited vacation/PTO
- Generous equity package
- Full health benefits – medical/dental/vision
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.