The Business Intelligence (BI) Lead provides our customers, partners and team members with insights and industry trends including the usage, health, and return on investment of the Olo platform. You will report directly to the Vice President.
At Olo we are metrics obsessed, striving to learn and evolve; hence, data is a core component of empowering our customers and partners, and internal decision-making. The BI team partners with product, engineering, finance, marketing, sales and customer success and thus requires important leadership and collaboration across all levels of the business.
You will have experience as a Business Intelligence Analyst or Data Analyst on an established team and partnering directly with senior management or executives. You can have a high level strategic conversation and go deep into the technical analysis. You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center.
What You’ll Do
- Provide insight into the value of the Olo platform using Olo’s multiple data stores/sets, both internally (Olo teams) and externally (Customers and Partners)
- Fulfill regular and ad hoc reporting and insights requests across the organization as part of an internal service center
- Work with the important internal partners across Product, Engineering, Customer, and Finance teams, help establish key SaaS business metrics, uncover data patterns and produce relevant data insights
- Partner with our teams to propose and develop new data products and tools, including data dashboards and models
- Lead the evolution of data pipelines to support scalable processes while maintaining reporting accuracy and operational timelines
- Champion Business Intelligence as trusted advisors to other teams at Olo
- Be an advocate and voice to leadership for data needs as BI’s function and scope grow
- Communicate findings to different internal team members through an approach that facilitates learning, prioritization, and action
- Provide support and mentorship to fellow BI team members
- Work, as part of an organization-wide data governance team, to determine policies and rules to ensure data quality and operational security
What We’ll Expect From You
- Bachelor’s Degree in any quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Science, Quantitative Finance or Operational Research
- 5+ years of experience in business intelligence or data analysis
- Experience with SQL and BI/data visualization tools (e.g., Looker)
- Experience working and leading in an Agile environment
- Passion for analyzing data to find meaningful insights and speaking to them
- Outstanding ability to thoughtfully explain problems and resolutions
- Top-notch communication and the ability to educate a range of partners, from individual contributors to senior management and executives
- Legally able to work in the U.S.
- Experience working for a SaaS or marketplace organization
- Experience with Python and common data science libraries
- Experience building statistical models and ML-based algorithms to perform insight analysis and help in decision-making
- Experience completing projects using analytical methods (like ANOVA, regression, time series forecasting, Machine Learning) to improve ordering performance, or predict ordering demand
- Proficiency in writing Advanced SQLs
- Experience in Salesforce, Zendesk, Jira, and Asana.
Olo powers digital ordering and delivery programs that connect restaurant brands to the on-demand world, placing orders directly into the restaurant through all order origination points – from a brand’s own website or app, third-party marketplaces, social media platforms, smart speakers, and home assistants. Olo serves as the on-demand ordering and delivery platform for over 400 brands, such as Applebee’s, Checkers & Rally’s, Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack and more. Learn more at www.olo.com.
Olo’s headquarters is located on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center. In addition to our NYC cohort, over 65% of our team works remotely across the U.S. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of Paid Time Off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, and perks like team events.. Check out our culture map: https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are underrepresented across the tech sector and we are committed to doing our part to move the needle.
Olo is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Olo, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you!